• Register Today It's free!

problem with kkm

Expo4.0

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
i recently installed the kkm intake and a flowmaster super 40 catback with 2.5 pipes. my problem is...when ever i floor it through each gear the rpms will drop at around 3500-4000. the rpms will get up to 3500 or so then they will drop 200-300rpm and then continue to climb as normal.this is not a down shift. it sounds as if i let of the gas just a little then went full throttle again.it dosent happen in first and i havent had enough open road to see if it happens in fourth. just second and third. im pretty sure it is related to the intake and exhaust because the problem was non existing before the mods. this might sound confusing but i tried to describe it as best as i could. thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try 2 things. Disconnect the neg. terminal on the battery and let it sit for about half an hour then reconnect it. This will reset the computer to the air/fuel mixture. Try cleaning the MAF too.

When was the last time you did plugs and wires?

wow! thanks for the quick replay guys. i only have access to internet when on campus or at at buddies house. ihave done both of these things. i let the neg. batt. cable unhooked for about an hour and a half and i replaced the plugs and wires this past sat. w/ bosch+4 plugs and bosch wires.

Well did the problem get fixed? hahahaha

no. if it did i wouldn't have asked. :)

Back