• Register Today It's free!

PULSTAR spark plugs ?

edwx

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
I hope this is the right forum.....not sure if spark plugs are considered a modification........anyway, has anyone tried these in an Explorer?

http://www.pulstar.com/index.html

Sounds like 'snake oil' to me, but they offer a 30 day money back guar. with no ?'s asked. How much damage could they do? I'd probably give them a try, but being a shade tree mechanic the temp. here is about zero this week.....too cold to be outside messin' with plugs. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$25 a piece? I don't know about that man.

i saw these dyno tested in an import magazine that I have on a newer Lexus is250. On that car they made ~1.8whp and 2.0ft/lbsof torque consistently through the rpm band. They made a comment that more gains would be seen on an older car or a car with a larger engine. I'm not going to drop that kind of money on my explorer yet since it only has 35k on it, but I think I'm going to invest in them when the time comes for new plugs. I doubt you will be able to feel any increase in power, but I would guess you will be able to see a slight increase in fuel economy (very important to me, not sure about everyone though) due to the air/fuel mixture being burned more completly. just my .02

Yesterday, a friend of mine ordered them for his '03 3.5L Pathfinder. He ordered them over the phone from the company for $19.95 ea. I can't wait to see his results. I drive an '06 X xls now, but a few years ago I swapped out my stock Motorcraft plugs for the Autolite XP-103's (iridium) and it made a big difference. I also put the XP-103's in my '06 and they made no difference. Go figure....same 4.0L engine.

Sounds like same BS claims Splitfire made. And they were only about $7 each, not $25!

Back