Push button start isn’t responding | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Push button start isn’t responding

No accessory mode either. Does not even light up the dash or indication that the button has been pushed. I bypassed the relay and the starter is fine still turns over. Just doesn’t seem like the button is engaging even though it also seems fine.
It could very well be that the ignition button/switch is bad.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wanted to post the outcome. I brought it into Ford. Ended up being a corroded wire somewhere in the back end. Cost to repair was just over $300.

Just wanted to post the outcome. I brought it into Ford. Ended up being a corroded wire somewhere in the back end. Cost to repair was just over $300.
Did they state WHERE that wire was so it could help some of us poor people driving them?

2014 FORD EXPLORER WONT START. THE PUSH START BUTTON DOES NOT RESPOND AT ALL WHEN PUSHED NO ACC MODE DASH LIGHTS. THE REMOTE START DOES NOT WORK AS WELL. THE KEY FOB DOES LOCK AND UNLOCK THE TRUCK. I PLACED KEY INTO THE INSERT LOCATION TO BE SURE IT WASNT A DEAD FOB AS WELL. I DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY FOR 15 MIN AS WELL WITH NO RESULTS. UNCLUDED IMAGE IS WHAT THE DASH DOES WHEN YOU OPEN THE DOOR BUT ONCE DOOR IS CLOSED IT GOES BACK TO BLACK SCREEN AFTER ABOUT 30 SECONDS AND REMAINS BLACK NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO THE START BUTTON.

Thanks!
Wow I have this same exact problem with my 2013 Ford explorer. If you figured it out please help.

Wow I have this same exact problem with my 2013 Ford explorer. If you figured it out please help.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Does the Start/Stop button light up? What have you tried/done so far? I don't think that the member you quoted is following any longer. The member was last seen here on Feb. 5, 2022. As far as the screen going off after a while, I believe that is normal (times out) if you don't start it or go to accessory mode.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Does the Start/Stop button light up? What have you tried/done so far? I don't think that the member you quoted is following any longer. The member was last seen here on Feb. 5, 2022. As far as the screen going off after a while, I believe that is normal if you don't start it or go to accessory mode.

Peter
It doesn't light up, and there are no words on the screens when the doors open although they light up but nothing is visual. When the button is pressed nothing happens, and once the lights on the dash and radio go out they don't come back on.

It doesn't light up, and there are no words on the screens when the doors open although they light up but nothing is visual. When the button is pressed nothing happens, and once the lights on the dash and radio go out they don't come back on.
The dash lights and radio likely will come back on if you open and close the door again. They simply timed out as per normal if you don't start the vehicle. Have you tried using the backup slot in the console? Have you tried both keyfobs? Perhaps the fob battery is dead.
Will the fob lock/unlock the doors and open the liftgate?

Peter

The dash lights and radio likely will come back on if you open and close the door again. They simply timed out as per normal if you don't start the vehicle. Have you tried using the backup slot in the console? Have you tried both keyfobs? Perhaps the fob battery is dead.
Will the fob lock/unlock the doors and open the liftgate?

Peter
So the lights do come on on the dash just nothing else not the ford on the radio or anything on the drivers display.

Back