Putting on a GT Emblem... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Putting on a GT Emblem...

Explorer SHO !!!;)

J/K:p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

frankrizzo, you're the first explorer i saw with a colored ford emblem. i was going to get a black one or a red one, but didnt feel like spending $40 + shipping for an emblem. it looks nice:)

You need a "Powered By Ford" sticker. Sonce most people cant figure out what manufacturer power a car:D

Originally posted by KEbert
You need a "Powered By Ford" sticker. Sonce most people cant figure out what manufacturer power a car:D
My fav is Powered By Acura. Acura doesn't even make engines.

I thought about putting on a V6 emblem that is off of an Escape.

Here is the one that would fit the look of the GT but still a v6. I found it on Ebay while looking for and Escape emblem. I am going to deam my Explorer and EXPLORER AV (Audio/Video) for all the TV's in my truck! Not bad huh? I have already shaved all the emplems except the Ford Ovals and the EXPLORER. I like it clean but still different. I will take the A and then another A and cut out the cross part of the A flip it over and make an AV. I am still not sure but I will see what it looks like.

Any why here it the GT V6 emblem I found.
Dead Link Removed

Thats the same emblem i was talking about. I'll prolly get one eventually

also what kinda wing thing is that on the back of ur X?

That thar is a Lund windflector. I got it from Performance Products for $64 + shipping and had it painted to match. The tape didn't work as well as I'd hoped (guess they didn't wind test it at 100+ MPH :D ), so I bought some self tapping screws and put two on either end, then painted them black. No probs since!

I've seen the V6 emblems on the newer Explorers: the kind that has the '6' set into the center of the 'V'..I think they look cool, kinda like the historic Fords and Mercuries.

A friend of mine put the V6 emblem of the escape on his X it looks pretty sweet. by the end of the year I am going to order some 302 badges to put behind the front fenderwell on my X

Can you just go to a car dealership's parts department and order emblems? I'm curious...

offroader_69_me A friend of mine put the V6 emblem of the escape on his X it looks pretty sweet. by the end of the year I am going to order some 302 badges to put behind the front fenderwell on my X
you are going to put 302 badges on a v6?

I found a site that has LOTS of emblems (mostly that's all they have). They have some good ones like the 5.0 badge. Check it out.

Discount Mustang Parts

Wow...your deflector came off?

Actually, I think it was from repeated pressure washing and cold weather....The center mount never came off, but the left side did, completely. I wasn't too keen oon drilling holes in it, but hey, hasn't come off since, lol

Originally posted by mikeresin

you are going to put 302 badges on a v6?
well yes and no, I am putting them on my 91 X but not until after I finish my 302 swap!

How big is that GT V-6 H.O emblem... it hopefully looks tastefully small not a giant hello I am a nut. I have been on the lookout for V-6 emblems, I will have to take a look at one of those Escapes.

ahhh yer doing a swap. makes sense now

nice emblem

I put the police interceptor emblem off my old crown vic on my 91XLT. It fit perfectly under explorer and to the left of xlt on my rear gate. It sure gets alot of questions. Pretty fun.:D :hammer: :cool:

"Police Interceptor", that's a bit much, don't ya think?

BTW, do dealerships typically have emblems on hand?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ford actually offered the explorers with the interceptor package..... maybe not the interceptor persay but as special servie and high pursuit capable vehicles....

Back