Putting on a GT emblem | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Putting on a GT emblem

It took me a few minutes to figure out your plate, Bobby...must be the blonde streaks in my hair acting up again :rolleyes: (My favorite plates around here read "2fast4u" & "UD LOSE")

I already know you've got one sweet X, so I won't comment on that. The AC sticker looks professional to me, even though I would have had NO idea what it meant if you hadn't explained it, lol. I give it a :thumbsup:

BTW, I think Digger was actually just trying to be helpful-he proably just came across the wrong way...Happens to us all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the GT badge looks pretty good. Good job!!! and not all "ricers" are bad. I used to have a turbocharged 12 second Integra. yeah the people who have a 1993 Integra and put a Type R sticker on it, theyre retarded. (and also, they did and still do make a Civic and Accord Type R) but theyre only available in Japan, where we cant get em!!!

2fast4u is a very popular tag.

my personal fav. is the "v8eatr" on the back of a totally banged up POS honda civic wagon. Its so obvious the thing couldn't beat a man on foot.. much less a v8, pumping out black smoke, 3 different primered black fenders, clear tailligyhts that have faded to yellow, this thing hasn't been eating anything but abuse.

and of course beatngu from jeepers creepers :)

There's POS toy by me that has a bumper sticker that reads "Y2K compliant"....it's so old it's probably Dinosaur compliant, lol

Hmmm, Well it is all up to you. Myself I'm not so down with the GT.. Type R e.c.t... I'll tell you what would be cool is a emblem that Lets others know your Explorer has been performance modified. Maybe something like
Xplorer or something like that. Which replaced the Explorer Emblem on the tailgate (subtle). Seems that intake, chips and exhaust are the most common. Would be cool to have something that would let everyone know, without putting a bunch of strickers on your truck

It would be nice if Ford would get a clue and MAKE a special edition performance Explorer :rolleyes:.....

amen to that.. I'd love to see a nice ~300hp factory lowered on ~18s exp. sport with factory altezzas heh

too many people underestimate SUVs.. they think they're too heavy to be a contender.. well trolls proven them wrong.. along with many other people out there...

we should start a petition or soemthing for an SVT explorer sport or something.

expo5.0... you got a close up pic of that SVT emblem on the back of your X? I have the chrome individual letters on mine. I'm thinking of removing the XLT and putting on SVT.

amen to that.. I'd love to see a nice ~300hp factory lowered on ~18s exp. sport with factory altezzas heh

LOL..like that'll ever happen :nono: But if it did I'd be first in line for a new one :D
At least the altezzas would be covered under the factory warranty when they started to leak....

its just the newer mustang svt in the small letters following a explorer xlt 4wd emblem with everything but the explorer part removed. i don't have a picture though.

factory ones wouldn't leak.. I'm talking like the lightning has. you know.. those nice factory altezzas? I would give... well.. a lot of money lol for some diamondback headlights/turn signals and some altezzas...

So Spas did that GT emblem help when you got stuck in the river @ paragon?

I DID NOT GET STUCK!!!!!!!

All I did was catch the A-arm on that stump as I was coming out! :p

Yeah well it took you long enough long enough to figure it out. :D You should have seen the look on jeff's face when he saw i wasnt gonna get hung up like everyone else. :eek:

maybe onna these days I'll yoink onna those chrome v8s off of a mountaineer in a junk yard (if I can find one in a junkyard) and slap it on mine.. but until then.. I think I need to get it runnin good before I go upgradin anything.

do yall know if they make an emblem like the v8 square with all wheel drive under it.. cept it would say "supercharged" under the v8 instead of AWD? hehe, I think that'd be really cool.. if you actually had a charger. (its on my list.. along with the winning lotto ticket)

Fox, do you have any sign making companies near you? The kind that make everything from car dealership signs to neon lighting? Some of them can make custom metal lettering...Just an idea!

(If you see any of those winning lotto tickets floating around, please send it to a needy charity...like me :D )

*Thinks Mud* You know a mud whole is too small when you run through it 4 times and there is nothing left...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ha.. you have racing stripes heh, I can't even afford to fix 2 scratches on my paint. I think I'd hafta be greedy and keep it for the DarkFox1 charity if I found a winning ticket lol

but I SERIOUSLY doubt I'd be winning anyway.. especially considering I dont buy lotto tickets.

I would imagine we have 1 of those shops.. (literally 1.. this town SUCKS for custom work)

but I just know they would do what the lexan shop did.. laugh in my face and go "theres no amount in the world that you could pay me to do that, you simply can't afford it"

not like I'll ever have a supercharger anyway.. so I guess I dont hafta worry about it :(

Back