Ranger tow package electrical wiring. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ranger tow package electrical wiring.

Have 2007 Ranger Sport I need he electrical wiring for towing of small boat and trailer prox wgt 1300 lbs. Ford has no idea what is required! Keep getting emails that they are working on it and to be patient for several weeks. Local Sheehy Ford has nothing listed in parts book.

HELP?

tks,

Rathbone

Have 2007 Ranger Sport I need he electrical wiring for towing of small boat and trailer prox wgt 1300 lbs. Ford has no idea what is required! Keep getting emails that they are working on it and to be patient for several weeks. Local Sheehy Ford has nothing listed in parts book.

HELP?

tks,

Rathbone

Have you looked under the rear bumper? seems to me Rangers have been equipped with a flat 4 connector for towing for the last ~10 years standard.

You should have a connector already there, but if not SKIP the dealership and go to your local O'reilly's, AutoZone, Advance and get a 4 flat wiring kit.

^^^ What he said.

Hopkins Towing Solutions makes adapters that plug into your factory wiring harness and tap into the appropriate leads. I have one on my '93 - they work great. Available at Northern, Auto Zone and other places.

But, as you have a 2007, you probably already have trailer wiring from the factory.

Back