Rear bumper = work in progress ;)

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
Well, I started a new rear bumper project. I cut off the rear fenders at the same level as the tail light and bent a piece of 2" DOM tube to fit flush with the body. I am not even close to getting done but I went wheeling anyway ;) All I can say is "I'm glad I had that much bumper" because I bashed and dented every other pannel on the thing.

Attachments

• sp26^004.jpg
    sp26^004.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 698
  • sp26^005.jpg
    sp26^005.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 657
  • sp26^006.jpg
    sp26^006.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 649

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good man. I like the flush look. By the way, what brand/model tires are you running? Looks like a TrXus M/T?

Looks great. Keep posting pics.

Also, one little suggestion. Paint the spare tire surrounding barrier/shield thingy. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

j602 said:
Also, one little suggestion. Paint the spare tire surrounding barrier/shield thingy. Sticks out like a sore thumb.
I agree

Thanks guys :) I am running 35" SS Truxs MT's. There is a window missing and you are commenting on the frame being painted...LOL :D ;) I guess I am waiting until I get the thing finnished before I paint anything though ;)

yeah that is kind of on the right track of what mine will look like but, the 2" tube I have on there now is the only 2" I am going to use. I am finishing with 1.5" and making it a little lower profile than yours. I am going to cut the frame back at like a 45 deg angle and keep it all tucked in tight.

BTW: did you ever get that solid axle in there?

Thanks. I see you got a jeep but not the one you were going to get originaly. Looks good ;)

Clint,
Nope. My SAS is on hold until I finsh this semester. I am really busy and I don't have the time. I expect it to be done around december 30. I did get a manual Tcase from some place in Loveland though...

Good idea to have it closer. I am going to start using 1.5" from here on out. I like the looks of it with the 2". I decided to keep mine out a bit because as tall as I am and with 34s I don't have much problems with depart angle. I wanted it to protect my hatch a little too.

Looks good...

Clint,
After you get your bumpers perfected can we build some for mine?

Hell yeah! Mike :) Glad to hear from you, I haven't heard from you in awhile. I was going to call you when we ran Billings Canyon last weekend but I guess I lost your phone #.

Yeah kirby I hear that. I don't think I'll have to watch out for my hatch anymore because well, I am parting ways with it ;) And your right with my 35's and high angle bumper departure is sweet now.

I welded it to the frame for now but I might grind it off and use some tabs like what I did to the front bumper I built. I am pretty lazy though and well, I might never get that far....LOL

Back