rear cab window won't close 2001 Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rear cab window won't close 2001 Sport Trac

Mutt#1Butt

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sporttrac
put rear cab window down, wont'go back up, other power windows work, pulled plug at motor, went all 8 plug points to ground-no power (12V), have pulled the dash panel to access swith but don't know the wiring schemetic here. can I try a temp power feed here or check the switch operability - window wouldn't go up or go up to vent position pushing button in, wouldn't go up holding switch in place ?, can I go to the plug at the motor and try a temp pwr feed there? I didn't pull the motor from the housing because I got no power there when checking (with ignition switch on and operating window switch up).

As you can probably tell, I'm a novice. Can someone point me in the right direction pls? Thanks

did the re-set...some clicks but no movement

Thanks for your reply. I did the re-set as you supplied (Thank you!) No movent upward on the full run upward at end of re-set sequence. Heard a click (slight clunk) from the back when Ign switch turned on for the final run up. Turning window operating switch down at this point (window is stuck fully dwn) results in two clunking sounds (slightly more than a click) but nothing when trying to go up. At this point, after turning ign switch off, then back on, don't get the clunking going inward on the operating switch and no noise or window movement upward when switch operated to upward. Have to go thru the re-set sequence again to achieve the noises. Thanks for what Ive got at this point. It was more than before!

Back