Rear Washer Failure | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Washer Failure

Exia989

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer NBX V8
I have a 2003 Explorer, and just the other day i noticed that my rear washer is not spraying fluid on my rear window. The wiper goes like it normally does, but it is not spraying fluid. Any suggestions how to fix this?

I have a 2003 Explorer, and just the other day i noticed that my rear washer is not spraying fluid on my rear window. The wiper goes like it normally does, but it is not spraying fluid. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Mine is doing the same thing! I tried to run the rubber hose back to the front of the X. And it looks like we'll have to take the head liner down cause that's where its running. When I use the back wash it leaks every where! I just don't have the time to take it all off. Hope this some what helps.

I had mine leak in 2 places a couple years ago. The first was over the front passenger side wheel well. The other was behind the passenger side trim panel by the lift gate. There are sections of hard plastic tubing with barbed ends that push into the soft plastic tubing. These came apart on mine.

Exia989, you should hear the pump when you run the washer. If you do hear it, look on the ground to see where the leak is.

Back