Remote Start Not Working

osaid

Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
Hello,

I have a 2015 Police Interceptor Utility , so recently I bought a new aftermarket keyfob with remote start option, I checked my hood and I have the harness for remote start, I bought the hood switch from the OEM and plugged it into the harness, I went onto FORscan and enabled the remote start options and got the remote start menu on my cluster gauge. However, when I try to remote start the vehicle, it honks once and my blinkers flash twice. I am not sure what the issue is. I do not have a check engine light and I do not have any door ajar warnings. Can anyone help me with this please?

Hello,

I have a 2015 Police Interceptor Utility , so recently I bought a new aftermarket keyfob with remote start option, I checked my hood and I have the harness for remote start, I bought the hood switch from the OEM and plugged it into the harness, I went onto FORscan and enabled the remote start options and got the remote start menu on my cluster gauge. However, when I try to remote start the vehicle, it honks once and my blinkers flash twice. I am not sure what the issue is. I do not have a check engine light and I do not have any door ajar warnings. Can anyone help me with this please?

@banana5163

0 seconds ago
Nvm I got it figured, my hood switch wasn't mounted correctly so the hood wasn't closing correctly on the sensors. Got it mounted correctly and remote start works!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back