Return of the "newbie run" Truck Haven | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return of the "newbie run" Truck Haven

Has anyone heard from Ritsui? Just wondering if he is ok. I hope his house made it out ok.:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...ritsui reported in, in the other thread...they are fine so far but still not home...

My dad sent me over a few more pics;)

Colin on the Ramp

Colin_Ramp.jpg

Me on the Ramp, and I'm starting to wonder if someone mesured right:rolleyes: Sence I mesured all but my own:p:

JP_Ramp.jpg

and some of me play'n on the rock by the waterfall;)

JP_Right.jpg

JP_Front1.jpg

JP_Rear.jpg

Has anyone heard from Ritsui? Just wondering if he is ok. I hope his house made it out ok.:(

Thanks for the thoughts. We're still evacuated and when we can return is unknown, but we are all OK and according to all reports our house is very likely still standing. More info in this thread.

Thanks for the thoughts. We're still evacuated and when we can return is unknown, but we are all OK and according to all reports our house is very likely still standing. More info in this thread.

Well I am glad everything is ok so far. You have my support.:salute:

OK I remeasured Stic-o vs. Froader on the ramp (I have pic's, software, and the ramp sitting outside) Without actually remeasuring Stic-o. It appears that he may just have achieved a score of 617.3913 (WOW) If that is the case he did indeed travel further up the ramp a total of 71 inches. Will remeasure the truck next time it is in same place as the ramp.

ok well 14" difference seems like a officl big mistake...:eek:

Here is the best exsample I can find though...

Matt's at 68"

DSC_0406_resize.jpg

Wah at 57"

DSC_0400_resize.jpg

looks pretty close to matt's to me..

amazing how much more that front end flexes when there's no hood binding the body up. If you look back in the photos you will see the Froader opened his hatch glass to sneak some extra body flex as well. Those mods gotta be good for at least a few inches LOL.

stic-o i agree, you and matt almost look the same, both of you have your wheels right between the two vertical posts/supports. matt might be a few inches farther up, but not eleven inches.

Either way, both of those trucks look great in those pics.

stic-o i agree, you and matt almost look the same, both of you have your wheels right between the two vertical posts/supports. matt might be a few inches farther up, but not eleven inches.

Ditto!

Sorry guys, the only reason I was complaining was I stated thinking of all the time and money I spent in the truck, and went "That's it!!!:mad:" "A little better then a near stock 1st gen?" I don't really care who one, I just wanted to know the truck works right, for what I built it for...but I guess the real show is in the dirt, not on some silly ramp;)

this is gonna be better than a Florida ballot recount;)
We might have to organize a face-off to settle this one:D

I get the extra few inches of travel out of the lack of front shocks. I have tire rub marks in the top of my wheelwell. compared with how far it dropped there is no way I could keep a 13" shock on there and get the same flex. Also having the nice flexy ranger frame that gets me a few more inches. Look how out of line by cab and bed are.

geez told you guys I re measured based on the photos and the fact I can measure the real distance on the ramp!!!!! Stic-o's truck measured out to just shy of 71" Relax child!!!!! Your truck rocks!!! MOM has spoken!

haha. wait what? what is a stock first gen supposed to get stic-o? all te money and time and work you have in your truck, look at how great it does on the trail!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't care what you measured at, your truck flexes awesome! and plenty of people can tell you that your rti score doesn't say how well your truck does off road.

all of you big dowg guys amazing flex. im jeleous :D

Yeah stic-o, your truck crawls all over the place without a hint of effort, and do i need to remind you of the paint job? god.

Stico do like me, don't ramp it, just enjoy it on the trail. :D And besides your not the first to think, gee all the money and the almost stock goes the same place I go.:mad: Believe me I've had that conversation with Rick many times. The fun is knowing you can push your rig much further than we do. It's the imagining something and making it reality that's the real fun. Anyway just the ramblings of an old dude that has a hat that say's, "Legend in his own mind" :D

i think exploderpilot has it right, just look at the paint job

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its obvious the measurement on the Sticmobile was wrong, but really........who cares? Its how the rigs run on the trail that matters. If I tried to drive that far up an RTI ramp in my rig, I would be upside down next to the ramp. But, it does quite well on the trail. Lockers in a station wagon and you can go anywhere you want.

Back