• Register Today It's free!

Reverse Glow Install

skumancer

Reaction score
City, State
Panama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I finally installed my Reverse Glow Gauge Faces on my Explorer, only thing left is installing the electrical connections.

I spliced the white-with-black stripe cable coming from the light switch and added the red cable to those cables. The only thing is, I don't know where to connect the black(ground) cable.

Any help is apreciated, thanks very much!!.

Ric

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

An easy thing to do if you don't know which wires ford uses for ground is to make your own. Look for a metal dashboard support bracket and use that. Or go down to the kick panels and you can add you ground to the factory ground locations. Look for a green 8MM screw with a bunch of black wires coming off of it.

I had the little inverter down in my center console (full length) and used the ciggy lighter + and - for ground and always on 12v, and I used a wire from the dash dimmer for 12v switch... you'll need to use a multimeter to find the 'undimmed' one though... I think it is top....

I just grounded mine to one of the metal shield bolts behind the plastic cover on the bottom half

I figures that metal piece was grounded and Installed the gauges using it, it works perfectly, Thanks for the help though!!

Ric

Back