rim size | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rim size

would any of you guyz know what the width of a set stock 16" rims. i have a 98 sport and im trying to get a set of 33" but they keep asking me how wide the dam thing is and i wouldnt tell u. the tire size i have now is 255/70R/16

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

16x7

every stock explorer rim is 7" wide, i know this cause im tryn to get 33s for my 98X aswell, the tyre shops wont fit 33s on a stock 7" rim,, they will tell you it wont fit and that you need 15x8 rims.

see thats a bunch of crap..... a 33 will fit on a 7" rim... its not an ideal setup for many reasons.... i have personally mounted 33x12.5x15s onto 15x6 rims....

jimabena74 said:
see thats a bunch of crap..... a 33 will fit on a 7" rim... its not an ideal setup for many reasons.... i have personally mounted 33x12.5x15s onto 15x6 rims....
wow you actually fit 33x12.5x15s on 15x6 rims??? so if i can find someone to to mount them , 33x10.5x15 BFGoodrich tyres will fit on my 15x7 rims??

FROADER said:
Everywhere should have no problem mounting a 10.5" tire on a 7" wheel.
iv been to every tyre fitting shop in my area and they have all told me the same thing, that a BFG 33x10.5x15 wont fit,, i might see if a wreking yard will do it for me,cheerz,,,, over and out! :confused:

I have 32x11.5s on a 15x7 and its fine

hey, i went down this morning to tyre shop and bribed them to fit my 33x10.5x15s on my 7" rims, im gunna give them a new set of yokies superdiggers 30x9.5x15s as a trade in, i guess money talks and bullshit walks! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

There is no reason that they should refuse to put 10.5s on a 7" rim. None.

Back