SCEXPLORER PRERUNNER BUMPER | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SCEXPLORER PRERUNNER BUMPER

I just wanted to let you all know that this past two days i've been working on a prerunner style bumper. I decided to leave my stock bumper because i wasn't sure if the bumper i would make would be strong enough to be on its own. This is my first time trying to do something like this so the next one will be much better. I basically just used a hydraulic bar bender from harbor freight, 220V Mig welder, grinder, and pipes and plates. Overall I spent around $40 in materials. So pretty good for a grill. I'll post pics up this week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dude, I think you AT LEAST have a fairly lucrative side business there. VERY GOOD job on those. I wouldn't want one for myself (it's a Limited, you know) but they are sweet. If I had and X Sport or something I would DEFINITELY be interested. Great job and stick with it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What did you do with the other one????

Ryan

I like the original one better. You can send it to me any time now... :D

Dave

dude no offence, but I think I like the other one better...but I just wish I could build my own, so Im not dissin on your skills..just wanting to know when your gunna start sellin them to us..

Yeah kinda like how the other one looked also but the workmanship is better on this new one. I need to make one more bumper to get my welding and machining skills better and then i'm going to start making them to sell.

cool...do you know a around price?

I would be interested in one like the old one. Post when you want to sell one.
thanks

if you're going to do that 2nd style why not make it wrap around the lights and make it into a brush gaurd on the front?

WOW! Nice work. Very clean looking, that is the Cali way huh. And that pre runner style bumper is da bomb! I would want one if it was like $150 or so. Are you planning on doing any engine mods?

Hey Ray, are you gonna sell your old one. If so im interested.

Ryan

Hey i know this is old but did anything ever happen with making these and selling them? I love the looks of both bumpers you made, and i want one that still works with the stock bumper cover.

Hey i know this is old but did anything ever happen with making these and selling them? I love the looks of both bumpers you made, and i want one that still works with the stock bumper cover.

Wow. Thanks for bringing from the dead a very old thread. I sorta got distracted after I've built those bumpers. I ended up getting a career and a new truck. I'm now a toyota tacoma owner these days but still give loyalty to the explorers. I haven't touched my welder for a couple of years so I'm outta it. My advice is just go buy a welder and see what you can do. Heck my interviewers were impressed that I was able to build stuff so atleast it was good for something.

Cool, i dont think buying a welder is quite the next step for me, but one day i hope to be able to make stuff like you did. I just thought i would ask about the bumpers since the thread was just kinda left open-ended.

Back