SCEXPLORER PRERUNNER BUMPER | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SCEXPLORER PRERUNNER BUMPER

I just wanted to let you all know that this past two days i've been working on a prerunner style bumper. I decided to leave my stock bumper because i wasn't sure if the bumper i would make would be strong enough to be on its own. This is my first time trying to do something like this so the next one will be much better. I basically just used a hydraulic bar bender from harbor freight, 220V Mig welder, grinder, and pipes and plates. Overall I spent around $40 in materials. So pretty good for a grill. I'll post pics up this week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man, I want one of each for Front and the rear I love the pre runner style. I would be willing to pay 100 each. Dude if you are making a list of peps that want one Definatly put me on it. I have a 95 X 4 door.

Tim

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

No not right now! I'm in my last year in college so I do not have the time to make the bumpers. I'll let you guys know when i start making them.

I go on vacation for a week and come back to "I don't have time to make them right now" ?!?!?!

Didn't anyone ever tell you that school is highly over-rated? :D

Good luck in school, but in the mean time do you think that you could make up some blueprints to sell? I bet that people would make a project of it themselves if they had the blueprints.

Let us know what you think...

Dave

I guess i can make blue prints but most of it is just cut to fit.

Cory,

I can come down to your shop with a stock rear bumper. I wanted to talk with you about another idea I had too, but I have an extra one that you could use to make the rear setup.

I have a brush guard up front that I like already, so someone with an open front bumper would have to volunteer for that.

Let me know

dristau2@attbi.com

Dave

P.S. It may be a few weeks before I can get down there though, I was just laid off and am looking for a new job.

Dave,

Just let me know what day(s) work best for you. I am always busy on Mondays or Wednesdays.

I'll be leaving town December 18 or 19 to spend the holidays with my fiance and her family.

Will do Cory. When I am able to come down will all depend on when I get a new job and some income. I will definately be in touch though.

Dave

Looks Great!!

If you do make them, let me know. I will definitely buy both front and rear. They look great.

cory-any possiblity of making an optional winch mount in there? id be very interested in that. thanks

Those are NOT strong enough to hold a winch.

The front looks like it is held on with two bolts.

Those appear to be for looks, rather than functionality.

If you wanted a winch, best bet would be a new front bumper.

Cory, Let us know what you come up with for a bumper for the X, I am looking for prerunner bumpers for mine.

Tim

SCEXPLORER:
Count me in on that front bumper as well. Are you planning on doing this anytime soon, or are you waiting til the end of the school year?

Hey Ray, count me in for the bumper. As soon as you can, let me know and I'll pay.

Im all for getting one too, but do you have to take you lower part of your bumper to put it on? Can you paint it black. and will the fit on a 98 4 door?

Ray,

Any word on if you're going to be going into business with these bumpers? I'm ready and willing to pay some $$$ for the front and rear! Keep us updated.

Hey I just thought I would mention my post in the group purchases forum because I am trying to guage how many people would be interested in a pre-runner bumper.
Thanks

Dead Link Removed

Just wanted to show you all my new and improved second bumper.

4050104-0466_img.jpg

4050newfront3.jpg

Back