Section525 got new shoes and socks! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Section525 got new shoes and socks!

Picked up some new wheels and tires today! :D

Weld Super Single IIs, 15x8s with Goodyear MTRs, 33x12.50. :cool:

Just put them on so the after picture is a little dark. I'll get some more tomorrow. Goodyear MTR 33's are bigger than the BFG 33's (I'd say).

The before tires/wheels are American Racing Baja 15x8 with BGF MTs 32x11.50s.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 950

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love the Welds. They look great. I'm so sick of Classic IIs (and look-a-likes). Everybody's brother has them. Why can't I find a great deal like that? Can't wait to see the hatch.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I really like them. I have to ask though, what are your plans for the older AR rims? I may be interested if you are willing to sell them.

Originally posted by KEbert
I really like them. I have to ask though, what are your plans for the older AR rims? I may be interested if you are willing to sell them.

Thanks... but they're already called for. I'll let you know if that falls through. :D

I tried to get a set of 265 75 16 MT/Rs for the last 2 months. They have been on a nationwide backorder in that size. They guy found me a set in Miami, I told him I wanted them and "Oh, BTW how much are they?" he said they were on sale for $233 a piece!:eek:

I now am going to get the BFG Mud Terrain.

BTW looks good.:D

I baaaarely caught the ass-end of daylight today after coming back from snowboarding...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 356

Dropped it off at my Uncle's tire shop this morning to get it aligned.. Came back after boarding to pick it up... he says 'no charge'. I say hell yeah. I get in it and drive back to my dads. The steering wheel is still all crooked. He ends up calling because the alignment guy told him they never aligned it because it needs a camber kit. :mad: But he said he'll get the kit and do it Monday. :cool:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 351

Thats not bad if you like that kick ass tire/wheel combo type of thing.:eek:

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
Thats not bad if you like that kick ass tire/wheel combo type of thing.:eek:
I like that kick ass tire/wheel combo thing. :)

That looks very nice!
Did it involve any trimming?

Now give us a comparison as to which tires are quieter on the road, the BFG Muds, or the Goodyear MT/Rs.

all you have is a 3" body lift and tt / shackles ? do they rub any? Looks good

The back rubbed a couple times while wheelin yesterday. But the front as yet to rub. :confused:

Looks real good! Those wheels are sweet!

looks great!!!

Looks great! I see you wen't an inch taller on the tires, but why the new rims? I mean they're sweet, but what was wrong with the other ones??

p.s. Those MT/R's are really nice too.

Well I have always wanted Welds and since my body lift, I have always wanted 33s. So when I found this package it was perfect. I couldn't pass up 5 tires and 7 wheels for $500! :D

Look how pretty it looks!

Attachments

• explorer.jpg
    explorer.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 230

Wow! That's less than I paid for just my four 32" tires! Not only is that a great deal, but it really does look great. I think 33's match the 4-5" lift very well, and the wheels are real nice too.

you should clear your stock corner's..would "clean" it up some..very nice truck!!

Gotta say that I'm partial to the Bajas---loved how they looked on your truck and that convinced me to get them for my project. These Welds do look great though---tis all in the eye of the beholder. Congrats.

Damn whatd u do with your old wheels, are they for sale? I like them way better.

Back