• Register Today It's free!

Separate tweets or.....

Van I.

Reaction score
City, State
Maui to Keizer, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 4dr 4x4, 04 xlt 4.6
I have 2-way 5x7's in the front doors, about 5 months old and I want more highs. Could I buy just a pair a tweeters and mount them in the a-pillars or should I buy a pair of components and ditch the 5x7's. I know just buying the tweets would be more cost effective, but would it sound just as good as components?

Any good suggestions on tweeters?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would go with component speakers, They will sound much better.

Good luck....

My brother has a set of tweets on the pillar and they sound great. So for that little extra highs for a little bit of $$$ it seems the pillar mount is the ticket.

Q Pods

I'm considering the Q-Pods (is that what they are called?) that mount down low for components. It seems like they would be in the way while driving and would get kicked alot. Anyone have any thoughts?

you mean q-logic kick panel sets. actually, from what i've read, they're pretty tough, and the sound good.

What about abuse? Can they take a big foot hitting them a couple times a week?!?

This is what I'm planning on doing (when I get the $$, I'm sure we all know how that is) for my soundstage up front:

I'm going to get the Q-panels and put either the Alpine type R, or the Rockford Fanatic Q 5.25" components there. Then I'm going to get the larger version (6.75") of the components I buy and put the woofer in the door and the tweeter in the pillar at about eye level. The kick panel woofers will be mid ranges (200-3,500hz), the door woofers will be mid bass drivers (60-200hz), the kick panel tweets will be the main tweeters and the pillar tweets will be there to get rid of any "rainbow effect" caused by the kicks being so low. Then the subs (in the trunk) will play 60hz and down. Then in the back I'll probably use some Alpine type R 5"x7" 2 ways, either one or two pairs depending on the amount of rear fill needed.

Back