service engine soon light in my 2003 Explorer XLS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

service engine soon light in my 2003 Explorer XLS

josmoe

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer xls
I checked out the service engine lite issue and I got a PO128 code. I'm trying to locate said sensor so I can replace it. I believe the sensor is right next to the thermostat housing. Sorry my first post didn't give the year of my explorer. Any help would be appreciated because I have a date with emissions inspection this month. I'm on a tight budget and the sensor reasonable, but if I have to take it to the mechanic I use he will charge me at least $150 to $200. Christmas is when? Help please

The code is P0128 and not PO128 ... looks like after a search here you need to replace your thermostat. Thermostats are pretty inexpensive and its easy to replace.

service engine soon light found a PO128 code for said light

I found the ECT sensor and tested it with my multi meter and saw 0 ohms between terminal of sensor when cold, I tested again after warm up and got a reading of 7.4 ohms. Is it ok or bad I don't know. The sensor is $12.99 and the Thermostat is $16.99 at Autozone. What do you suggest?

Back