• Register Today It's free!

Shift indicator cable question.

ultrado

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, BC Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Eddie Bauer
So I changed the bulbs on the instrument cluster of m '00 EB and ended up snapping the shift indicator cable. Can I replace this piece or do I need a new instrument cluster? I tried to see if I can find where the cable hooks into on the cluster side. I'm also unsure as to where it hooks into on the car side past the wheel adjuster. Any help would be wicked!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

God, I just threw away two of those.

I would check with a dealer. I believe you can still buy just the cable. I would also look at a salvage yard. I don't know how to explain where the ends fit. It's self explanatory when you look at it. If you go to a pick a part salvage yard, you will be able to see how it's routed and hooks. Sorry I couldn't give you better information.

Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know how much one of those cables would be new would you?

No I don't, but it can't be much.

Wait...it's a Ford. And it's dealer only. So you will probably pay 4 times what it's worth if your dealers are like the ones around here. So maybe you better grab your ass after all...

Give these guys a call if you don't like your local pricing. They are pretty straight up with their pricing. No mark up games.

http://fastpartsnetwork.com/

Back