Should this paint mismatch pass unnoticeable? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should this paint mismatch pass unnoticeable?

I'm painting the grill and the crome plastic frames around my headlights in my 93 Explorer Eddie Bauer. The actual colour she is a dark torlamine pearl metallic. basically and dark dark green to me.

heres the scoop...

i couldn't get my dark toraline metallic pearl paint in a spray can. the closest i could get was jewel green metallic. the reason being they cant get the paint with the pearl additive in a spray can. (the toraline has a very slight slight bluish tinge to it)

i brought the samples out to the truck and matched the original colour and then the green that i have to settle for and theres hardly any difference. also, its not like its a body panel of one colour next to a body panel of another colour, it should work out.

I'm thinking this should be ok and not be noticeable since i will be purchasing a hood bug deflector so you won't see the colours meeting together.

anyone have some input? should I put a clearcoat on the grill once I'm done?

thanks,

leo

lets get some pics first!

nevermind, they did up what i wanted in a spray can for me anyways! it was the exact paint code for the truck. :)

Back