Skyjacker suspension lift question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Skyjacker suspension lift question

John Doe

Reaction score
City, State
Dayton, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 EB
Hey everyone,

I have a 1994 Eddie Bauer Explorer and I want to put a 6" Skyjacker suspension lift on it by next spring and I had a few questions about it. I've been looking around on some internet shops for one and I found the Skyjacker system for $1,200 that would fit my '94. Now what is the difference between the kit and the system? Is $1,200 for the system a good price or is there some other place out there where I could find it cheaper? Now I'm planning on running either 33x12.50/15 BFG AT's or MT's. Will I need some kind of gear change to run these tires? How much $$ am I looking at to change that?

Sorry about all the questions, but everyone I've asked so far can't really answer my questions and I thought you guys could help me out. Thanks alot.

-Mike

Well...I've got the 6in class II system....much smoother ride.....I love it. You'll wanna get gears if you wanna keep the same acceleration...I've got stock gears still and need new ones...I think they're about 160 for the rear and 180 for the front...
Hope this helped...
Pete

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for your class II system?

It turned out to be a 2 phase process....4in class Ii cost 1200...I then needed more lift and the 6in springs were 100 and I had custom shackles in the rear...
hope this helped a bit
Pete

Back