Small, unplanned set back | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Small, unplanned set back

So I was removing my side steps the other day and like always I ended up with more then I can chew in one sitting. As I was under my Eddie on the driver side I kept hitting the parking brake line with my ratchet trying to dismantle the steps. I took a two second brake due to the amount of dirt and sh*t falling down. As normal with me, my eyes wondered around locking in on the cable split for the brake. I followed to one cable on to the driver's rear only to find that the cable has snapped before the brake.
img0959s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It is kinda scary because right before then I was under the other side with my truck up on a jack while I 'thought' I applied the PB, but it really wasn't.

Not much of an whoops per say, but it could have been a bad day if the truck shifted in anyway.

BTW, sorry for the large photo. I keep forgetting my iPhone shoots in 1600 x 1200.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

happened to my 2000 never fixed it even after i went manual. i just used a peice of wood as a ebrake

That's what I plan on doing also. ;)

i havent had an e brake for a while now... cables were to short

Haha. The only times I used it was on the trip at the washout and on my Grandmother's driveway (it's like parking on a slanted roof).

That's what I plan on doing also. ;)

were do you get yours inspected? I need to go there. lol It shouldn't pass inspection with a broken ebrake cable. I have a friend with a van that needs a lickem and stickem inspection sticker.

Back