Spas got BULLITTS >:D | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spas got BULLITTS >:D

Hey, gang! Bet you were expecting to see pics of my new 2001 GT grey spoke Bullitts, huh? No dice just yet, but since you're already here, maybe you can help me answer a few questions :D

I won them off of a 2001 Gt Mustang on ebay for a ridiculously low price (They're used, but I won't tell you how much I paid because there might be a few jealous 'bullitts' launched at my head, lol) They're 17x8 and I need to hunt down some sporty tires for them. It'll be three weeks before I can post pics for everybody to see, and for that I'm sorry, but it gives me a few weeks to get everything together to get them on the truck. On to the HELP ME PLEASE section:

1) Am I gonna need spacers? My truck's only dropped an inch up front

2) Is this going to mess up my speedo?

3) I need to get stick on wheel weights, and put them inSIDE the rims to keep it clean looking, right?
This one's probably the most important:

4) What tires should I get? I need good snow, water, and mud traction, with sporty handling. I also want to keep the overall TIRE size as close to the 255/70 that I have now..by that I mean that I want a good bit of sidewall (I hate the idea of low profile tires on my ride with all that wheelwell space) Michelin? Pirelli? What???

5) Any stress on steering, suspension, or other components that I should be worried about?

6) How much do you think book value is on my premium factory rims with goodyear ATS's (that still have 80% of their tread left)? They're in pretty decent shape for 4 year old rims...

Thanks guys, you all are priceless when it comes to helping out fellow Explorians!

I was hunting through this thread for a picture to send to the insurance company (*******s are fighting me about the value of my rims :mad: ) and I just thought I'd share with y'all that not only are all of the Foose's still holding air despite looking like they went through a cheese grater, but not a single one broke or bent even with 4,000lbs+ of rollover force on them. They're damn good rims :cool:

Back