• Register Today It's free!

sport trac cruise control - 2002

lou cooker

Reaction score
City, State
deland, fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Sport Trac
I've sent this thread before, but I'll try again. Replaced steering wheel cruise function buttons, even though cruise was working. With new controls, cruise did not work. Changed deactivation switch on the master cylinder - still no cruise. At night, function buttons light up, which means all wires are connected properly. What other factors are involved to make the cruise function?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've sent this thread before, but I'll try again. Replaced steering wheel cruise function buttons, even though cruise was working. With new controls, cruise did not work. Changed deactivation switch on the master cylinder - still no cruise. At night, function buttons light up, which means all wires are connected properly. What other factors are involved to make the cruise function?

I would just try the old switches real quick to make sure the cruise system wasn't messed up. And then if the old ones work fine then you should look into getting a new set of switches because you probably just got a bad set from wherever you got them.

, I did not keep the original cruise function switches (broken). Ordered new switches online, but when cruise did not work, I returned them. Ordered another set, but cruise still doesn't work, so I assume the problem is not with the switches.

It is possible to connect the ribbon wires either way. You might have one or more of those connections reversed.

It is possible to connect the ribbon wires either way. You might have one or more of those connections reversed.
The new switches are pre wired, so that can not be the problem.

Back