Stone Tires

HKUNZ

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
Has anybody ever heard of these guys?

They have mud tires for like 40 bucks a pop...

http://stonetire.com/store/otd/

im running everything stock right now, and i need new tires fairly soon...

plus i just lost my job, and im a cheap *******...

they are retreads, what do yall think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

eh, retread tires are dicey.......I personally would not put them on my car to be honest. I dunno, they claim they're completely safe and big rigs run on em often, but still not the best idea IMO. I understand ur money situation, but still.

(little secret, check behind tire places at night in your town. They often leave out used tires they've switched off vehicles, some of which are perfectly fine to run. They have to pay to get rid of them, and many leave them out and turn their backs.....)

I wouldn't trust retreads on an Explorer, especially after the Firestone debacle...

Another good source of nearly new, very cheap tires is junk yards. Sometimes people get in wrecks and the vehicle is totaled, and the tires might be brand new (or close to it).

Hope this helps.

Mike

You could also check tire exchange places they are slightly used tires. I might go with those retreads in the future. I would just check them often to make sure the tread is staying on the tire. they have been in business for almost 50 years. they must be doing something right. I dont think anywhere can beat $40 for offroad tires. If you do go with them lut us all know how the are.

I saved that site... I'm definitely going to check them out closer this year... I gotta get a new set for next deer season.. I agree with others. I don't know if i would run retreads on a daily driver up down the highways.. They would be perfect for my use though

Thanks yall, im not much for highway use anyway, basically just to and from school and work, which is all like 15 minutes away...

plus the occational offroad driving to and from the treestand...

well for re-caps, don't forget TreadWright.
http://treadwright.com/

As for used tires, that is a good option.. however you never know how a tire has been treated, and they could be a problem too.

I bookmarked the stone tires BTW. heh

Back