fordpickupman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cascade, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
71 F250 Fummins
So I just lifted my EX 3" and mounted up 32" tires on the factory aluminum rims. before full turn lock the sides of the tires rub on the front swaybar. I have been toying with the idea of removing the front swaybar and leaving the rear installed. The rear suspension flexes fair, but the front sucks. Will this negatively affect on-road driving? This rig sees mostly road miles so I will probably leave it be. I thought I would throw the idea out there and see what others have done.

opinions vary on front sway bar. mine is leave it on, you never know when a quick swerve will be needed and thats when you want the sway bar. if i were you id just deal with the rubbing and get use to how far you can turn the wheel before rubbing. while dealing with this save up some money and get wheels with more back spacing so they wont rub.

It is my bride's vehicle, I informed her about it and she said she could deal with it. She is just excited about the additional snow clearance as we live out in the boonies and she has to "pioneer" through a couple of feet of snow some times.

As far as the wheels, I will keep the stockers as I like the look. The additional leaverage of the deeper wheels on the unit bearings keeps me from touching deeper wheels with a ten foot pole. I'll figure out some way of stopping the knuckles before the tires hit.

Back