Teaser for my Custom (soon to be) Modified ARB Steel Front Bumper !!! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Teaser for my Custom (soon to be) Modified ARB Steel Front Bumper !!!

That's that same one I have on mine, only mmodified alittle. Mine says 95+ Range/ Land Rover when I looked it up.

I paid alot less for mine but the guy wanted the space in his garage back. Still $500 is pretty cheap for it. For less then that I'd talk with James at RLC Welding and have him build you one that's made for the ST's width and frame mounting so you don't have to do all the cutting and mods I did to mount mine. JMO.

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Had to modify my ARB winch bumper quite a bit to fit my new 12k lb. Badlands winch. I still need to install the winch but the weather turned for the worse too soon.

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

I just gave the winch and my welds on the front bumper a true test today.

I got the the Freightliner bobtail stuck on the snow/ ice in our yard at work, dug it in a good eight inches into the solid ice and dirt. Pulled the tractor 15 feet to a somewhat flatter piece of ground.

I hooked up the winch to the back frame section behind the 5th wheel, climbed into my Trac to rev the engine to keep the amps up, put it in 4Low, held the brakes to keep the truck from being pulled towards the tractor and pulled the tractor right out even though my manager forgot to release the air brakes.

Sorry but I was too busy getting the truck unstuck to get video or picture's.

Oh ya. Here's a couple picture's of how I made my winch theft proof...

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

Here's where I got the idea from, pretty funny video but great idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvcGsUVyBnI

Pretty much an "oldies" idea. This theft-proof idea was built into our car trailer in 1984. I had to cut the piece off of one side to remove the bolt for some reason years ago........ ???

Warnwinchmount_zps569dbe7d.jpg

Back