Custom winch bumper !FINISHED! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom winch bumper !FINISHED!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here it is all wrapped up for now! Got it out of paint a couple days earlier than expected and mounted up by the time it was dark. Drowsy weather has made for sub-par pictures, but I just couldn’t wait to throw it up on the board
45786C7E-BDCA-4363-853F-906BAA9A7078.jpeg

84DBF3AA-BBB1-40B3-8329-AD4B868447BD.jpeg

For those who notice the lack of “winch” in my “winch” bumper please note I am financially irresponsible :)
7032C2EC-421E-4EFA-A3C0-250EB95267CB.jpeg

9039FDFC-9903-43D1-8822-1D673E990C2C.jpeg

That came out really nice. KUDOs. Love the bars, lights, and future winch. 😍 :chug:

Curious though, did you think of painting it the tan color that you had on the lower portion of the bumper? You can never go wrong with black. I was just wondering. Hoping a can of worms wasn't opened.

That came out really nice. KUDOs. Love the bars, lights, and future winch. 😍 :chug:

Curious though, did you think of painting it the tan color that you had on the lower portion of the bumper? You can never go wrong with black. I was just wondering. Hoping a can of worms wasn't opened
Thanks a bunch!
I did not think about it, I’m working to remove the tan/grey in replacement of metal armor, sliders next!

I removed the skirts on my
1994 a long time ago. I ended up with 19 holes in the rockers on each side. I tried using plugs and they looked like crap. I ended up using 2" wide white heavy duty wet conditions grip tape. I ran a piece down both sides, covering the holes. It's still there after a few decades, and looks like it's rhino lined.

The fenders on the 94 don't flow into the skirts like on your model, don't know how you would remedy that.

Bad ass rig

1994 a long time ago. I ended up with 19 holes in the rockers on each side. I tried using plugs and they looked like crap. I ended up using 2" wide white heavy duty wet conditions grip tape. I ran a piece down both sides, covering the holes. It's still there after a few decades, and looks like it's rhino lined.

The fenders on the 94 don't flow into the skirts like on your model, don't know how you would remedy that.

With a tape line and small dremmel
Bit! The side Skirts on the trac pretty
Much gotta remain, at least the top cosmetic part… otherwise you have these funky fender flare Lip lines both front and back. But sliders could be incorporated into the plastic Tupperware bits just like he did the front bumper

Bumper came out very nice! I still vote for the big shield delete

The fenders on the 94 don't flow into the skirts like on your model, don't know how you would remedy
Good idea on the weather stripping though!

With a tape line and small dremmel
Bit! The side Skirts on the trac pretty
Much gotta remain, at least the top cosmetic part… otherwise you have these funky fender flare Lip lines both front and back. But sliders could be incorporated into the plastic Tupperware bits just like he did the front bumper

Bumper came out very nice! I still vote for the big shield delete
Thanks! totally forgot about that big shield it does not bother me!

I know what you mean about the lip from the fender to the rocker, I have not had the skirts off yet but was thinking of molding the lower fender into the skirt very minimally then filling the holes. That would leave me to respray and match it on both sides . Always fun to learn new things though!

Back