Texas EF members meet and greet | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Texas EF members meet and greet

Where would be the best area for a Texas EF meet and greet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John_Rock

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sexy Sport Trac 4x4
Texas EF members meet and greet for EF peeps in Texas. Throwing out the idea to try to arrange a meeting so we can meet in person and throw a few back.

And Blee1099 is not allowed to be at this meet!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DATE: Nov 6th

Exact Location: Kris Guilbeaux's house
Time: 1pm
(due to this being a public forum, the house address will not be posted, please PM Kris or myself for the address if you are planning to attend)

ATTENDING:

reapereviltwin
Kris Guilbeaux
MRQ
Derekjs
01explorer2wd
Rocknlprchn
TexasArmadillo
Green95Explorer
NICE59FORDF100
Justin Klare

Attending in thought from Okinawa, Japan
zavaral :salute:

POT LUCK; (NOTE: Beer is BYOB)

Kris-- His home, grill, condiments

Unclemike-- Burgers, dogs

MrQ-- Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler

TexasArmadillo-- Cilantiro dip, Tortilla chips, and boiled shrimp

NICE59FORDF100--Banana Creme Pie

01explorer2wd--drinks

I would like to change my vote to Japan. I think everyone should be able to make it there.

Man it sucks being in a different country when my truck and yall are back home...:(

I would like to change my vote to Japan. I think everyone should be able to make it there.

Man it sucks being in a different country when my truck and yall are back home...:(

The way the poll started out I wouldn't of been surprised if Japan won the poll. Are you in the military stationed in Japan? (spent time in Europe and Southwest Asia, but never the far east)
When you make it back to the world you will be able to get your rig back out on the trails, bet you would like to climb Mt. Fuji as an off road run!!!

The way the poll started out I wouldn't of been surprised if Japan won the poll. Are you in the military stationed in Japan? (spent time in Europe and Southwest Asia, but never the far east)
When you make it back to the world you will be able to get your rig back out on the trails, bet you would like to climb Mt. Fuji as an off road run!!!

Yeah im in the Air Force on Okinawa. When I get back to the Texas, I'm towing the truck where ever I may get stationed to and installing my D44 and the 302i got waiting. Then I'll be ready for anything....lol

I voted Austin.. for obvious reasons.

Alright sweet I found it lol.....and i voted Austin again.

I vote we hold it where ever the girl in Kriss's avatar is at.:D

Why the hell would anyone want to goto Bastrop, well I guess we could meet in the state park, or picnic at the lakes across the street from the house, but whatever.

I have a dollar that David voted for Dallas, since he lives up there.

John (Crack)Rock, well if you would quit whatever it is your doing, and drag you ass up here, maybe I would get somewhere on my Turbo Navajo project.

But since you haven't, I have now aquired an 86' Mustang GT that needs a motor and trans, and I just happen to have a spare Turbo motor and transmission taking up room in my shop, guess the Turbo Pre-Runner will go back on the far burner again.

And WTF, makes you think I'll have the time to escape from my man cave to come to a meet and greet, and has anyone thought of dates???

I have a lot coming up in the Shelby community like, going to SAI in Vegas to bring back a new GT350 (mid August), Shelby/Ford GT get together Austin/Lago Vista (late August), Shelby Terlingua, Terlingua Texas (late September/October), and the Texas Shelby 350 Grandbury Texas (right after Terlingua/October).

So you all might want to get something nailed down so as I know how to plan, and I still have an engine to build for the TS350.com event, and two vehicles to prep for Terlingua/TS350, and two track cars to finish building, so my schedual is going to be tight.

El Jefe - :navajo:

Mazda_Navajo_saying.jpg

JamesT, Jello, and I were just talking about having one at my house soon. It seems a lot harder than it used to be to get mobile for everyone :)

Well that's one reason I mentioned Bastrop State Park, they have cabins that can be rented, primitive camping, and RV hook-ups for you out of town folks.

I think John CrckRock kept suggesting Bastrop, because of central location, and that normally we'll open the house up for a HUGE throw down BBQ party with catered brisquet, and ample parking on the property.

Either way it's all good.

Although Bastrop State Park does make for some nice photo ops, like the one I did last weekend, just stay out of the ant piles, make for some crappy/blurry shots :/

P1050036.jpg

P1050040.jpg

P1050059.jpg

P1050050.jpg

has anyone thought of dates???

The orginal idea was to get a feel of the possibility of a get together for the Texas EF'ers. If there is a good response, then start looking at dates.

John (Crack)Rock, well if you would quit whatever it is your doing, and drag you ass up here, maybe I would get somewhere on my Turbo Navajo project.
I seem to remember asking you if I could come up about a week and a half ago and never got a response from you. And you barely been responsive online too. :rolleyes:

My pinion bearing kit is scheduled to arrive on Friday and I'm off this coming weekend. hint hint. :D

Jeff, do you still have contact with anyone for Comanche Ridge? The 4x4 guys could have some fun down there. And you know as long as its dry the 2wd drive guys can make it to the open area near the river.

Just as long as it doesn't rain the 2wd guys should have fun out there also.

what would us 2wd guys need to make it through there? lift and tires maybe? or just a heavy foot and not afraid of scratches? lol

To make it to the opening John was talking about you just need a heavy foot in a way. To make it up the rocks and the hills and crap that John took the wife and I, you will definatly need lift and tires. Maybe if you can conveince me enough ill let ya borrow my truck since I can't drive it..

To make it up the hills and the rocks how big of a lift and tires are we talking? Ive got the heavy foot down thats not a problem. But other than that i want to do what i can to make sure i can get there. If you wanna let me drive your truck im not gonna complain. lol

An area we all can wheel is ideal, but the poll goes until 21 Sept. The Austin area is not a shoe in for the area that recieves the most votes for a meet. Any information from the members in the other areas in the poll is greatly welcomed for those areas.

If I was there I would say we could meet in Austin area and take a trip down to San Antonio and go to Devils Den.

It'll prolly take a minute to get my truck in good running order since it hasn't been really driven in about 2 years. But you break it you fix it. lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats only fair man. i want to find a good spot were i can go play legally. ive never been to an off road park. hopefully this will all work out and we can all meet up and go have some fun. What are you gonna need to do with your truck to get it runnin good? If you live in elgin im not very far from you at all so if you need an extra hand let me know.

Back