Texas Lost High Way Route 87 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Texas Lost High Way Route 87

Popcicle Navajo, covered in 1/4" of ice :confused:

Attachments

• popcicle 1.JPG
    popcicle 1.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 249
  • popcicle 5.JPG
    popcicle 5.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 246
  • popcicle 3.JPG
    popcicle 3.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 246

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know if it's half as bad here in central Texas I can only imagine what it's like up north :eek:

Ground is still a little too warm for it to fully stay on the driveway/street,but the yard totally is frozen too.

This all happened in a matter of 2 hours.

Steadly sleeting and getting harder.

Attachments

• popcicle 4.JPG
    popcicle 4.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 249
  • weather 3.jpg
    weather 3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 244

Whoooooooo! Austin is in mass pandimonuim, ice comes and they all act like tools.

Well I guess I have to dethaw this thing and start loading :rolleyes:

Attachments

• pop 10.JPG
    pop 10.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 241
  • pop11.JPG
    pop11.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 241

:confused: The Limited wouldn't start this morning. I had to drive the Sport Trac to work. :rolleyes:

Jeff,
Make sure you put your hubs back on before the trip. You will need them

Trckmagik said:
Jeff,
Make sure you put your hubs back on before the trip. You will need them

You dingis I have 1 1/8" wheel spacers :rolleyes:

Look at the pictures closer!

From XLRVIII in Friendswood, down by Clear Lake:

*** ******** says:
36 degree's... 30-35mph winds...
Chill factor in the low 20's...
FREAKING BRRRRRRR

BRrrr.......

OK, Is there a non-camping option? My stuff is not Polar rated....

Rob

Ooooooook tomorrow is the big day! :D

Meeting on the Sea Wall @ the San Luis Hotel Friday 2pm-4pm, everyone remember to bring your map and whatever you may need, pages 1 and 4 are the critical info.

Well be on channel 4 on the CB, and the same for the GMRS (famliy radios)

Lori and I will prolly be in Houston before many of you all wake up.

Well be here monitoring the thread till about 8pm-9pm tonight, if you have any questions post up, I may try and check it one more time in the very early AM before we bail out onto the trip.

I will bring my small Tool Box Grill so if you want to cook some meat, then bring it.

Jeff - :navajo:

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 249

attachment.php

I take my earlier statment about moveing to TX back, now I am planning ways to avoid all contact!

Your Navajsicle is nothing compared to what we are getting here in CO lately, holy crap it was -12 yesterday

410Fortune said:
Navajsicle

BWHAHAHAHAHA! that's a good one, hahahaha Navajsicle LMFAO! :D

aaahhh, we gotta get you to come up here for some real winter weather. This morning it was 7° F on my deck and we're looking at 6-10" of snow overnight....Wheeeeee :p

BTW, have fun on your trip...wish we could join ya....

Heavy Snow Warning from the National Weather Service:

/O.CON.KCTP.HS.W.0002.051209T0000Z-051209T1600Z/ POTTER-ELK-CAMERON-NORTHERN CLINTON-CLEARFIELD-NORTHERN CENTRE- SOUTHERN CENTRE-CAMBRIA-BLAIR-HUNTINGDON-MIFFLIN-JUNIATA-SOMERSET- BEDFORD-FULTON-FRANKLIN-TIOGA-NORTHERN LYCOMING-SULLIVAN- SOUTHERN CLINTON-SOUTHERN LYCOMING-UNION-SNYDER-MONTOUR- NORTHUMBERLAND-COLUMBIA-PERRY-DAUPHIN-SCHUYLKILL-LEBANON- CUMBERLAND-ADAMS-YORK-LANCASTER- 207 PM EST THU DEC 8 2005
...HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 11 AM EST FRIDAY...

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 11 AM EST FRIDAY.

A STORM SYSTEM MOVING INTO THE THE OHIO VALLEY THIS AFTERNOON WILL BRING SNOW TO CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA THIS EVENING. THE SNOW WILL START IN THE LAUREL HIGHLANDS JUST AFTER SUNSET...AND QUICKLY SPREAD NORTH AND EAST TO COVER THE REST OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA BY MIDNIGHT. THE SNOW WILL FALL HEAVILY AT TIMES THROUGH EARLY FRIDAY MORNING.

BY SUNRISE ON FRIDAY...5 TO 8 INCHES OF FLUFFY AND DRY SNOW WILL COVER MOST OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA. THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF TO SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS BEFORE NOON.

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF SNOW IS FORECAST MAKING TRAVEL DANGEROUS. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL THIS EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND A CELLULAR PHONE IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE YOU BECOME STRANDED.

Things left to do......

Install CB antenna mount. Hope it works ( Plan on using Mag Mount if still broke )

Pack everything....Man I miss the storage space of my Explorer.

Get more Gas Money from bank....

Head South around 8 AM tomorrow!

I decided to leave the Top on for this run.....

See ya soon.

Rob

We'll be ready for tomorrow, I'm going to bring all my camping gear which includes a camp stove and latern and a really nice Army Issue polar sleeping bag system. :) We'll be down there around 9 or 10 Saturday night, i'll be in touch with you Jeff for exact directions. Oh, I hope someone is bringing lots of fire wood or I'll have to get creative and find things to burn for warmth and I don't think we all want that! :D

Gofast said:
Pack everything....Man I miss the storage space of my Explorer.

Glad I don't have rear seats, not sure what I would do if I still had them in there. :confused:

All packed/everything in the Navajo, except for the cooler, then get ice, and our journey begins :D

Jeff - :navajo:

Speaking of firewood.... I haven't been able to find anything, short of going to Wal-Mart and buying some (if they have any left.... Houstonians go nuts when they get to burn a fire in the fireplace). Anybody have any ideas?

We need firewood, it's not camping with out a fire. I'm going to keep my eyes open and see if i can't find some somewhere and bring it along. If everyone bring some we'd be set and we could get a bonfire. I want to find some pallets, if I do I'm so strapping them to the roof and bringing them!

I got a lot of firewood. Prolly just enough for one night. its take up the rear seats. and i have the mag mount ant. if anyone needs it. just remounted mine (thanks jeff) looking forward to tonight. im washing clothes and all that good stuff and hopefully i wake up early tomarrow to do some final touchs and pack things. see yall this weekend.

jason

zavaral said:
just remounted mine (thanks jeff)

jason

No prblem sir ;)

It's Friday and IT'S AWWWWNNNN!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

KaiserM715 said:
Speaking of firewood.... I haven't been able to find anything, short of going to Wal-Mart and buying some (if they have any left.... Houstonians go nuts when they get to burn a fire in the fireplace). Anybody have any ideas?

You got a pickup you are required to bring firewood! :p

Seriously though, if you buy some firewood I'd be more than willing to throw in money for the wood.

Back