Help!!! Omg!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help!!! Omg!!

gideon123

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Ltd
How many kilometers should a brand new 2014 ford explorer have on it from the dealer?

1600 klm too many?

I can't trust koreans

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How many kilometers should a brand new 2014 ford explorer have on it from the dealer?

1600 klm too many?

I can't trust koreans

Your post is a little racist and offensive. Just because the person was Korean doesn't mean a thing.

That aside, I used the google and found this:

http://www.kpho.com/story/20937044/some-vehicles-sold-as-brand-new-come-with-high-mileage

However, I think Ford counts a vehicle under 700 miles as new. Depends on the state maybe. Ask a Ford representative.

Try not to stereotype/ be racist. It's not good for your reputation and does not contribute to a healthy forum.

Your post is a little racist and offensive. Just because the person was Korean doesn't mean a thing.

http://www.kpho.com/story/20937044/some-vehicles-sold-as-brand-new-come-with-high-mileage

However, I think Ford counts a vehicle under 700 miles as new. Depends on the state maybe. Ask a Ford representative.

Try not to stereotype/ be racist. It's not good for your reputation and does not contribute to a healthy forum.

Sorry didn't mean to sound racist but I've been living in Korea over ten years and u need to understand the barter system and negotiation methods used in this country. Very different culture. Any expat whose lives in Korea for a long period of time will understand what I am referring to.

Again, apologize if I offended anyone :(

Having traveled on business to Africa, Middle East, Europe, and Asia when I started my business I required payment in advance from ALL countries except Canada and American companies. You have to experience it for your self to realize how wonderful things are here versus else where. Am I overly conservative as not everybody is bad else where - Yes. But I also know some companies who had common European client and later found they needed to adopt my same policy.

Yes I have had Americans companies not pay but it has been a very small percentage.

The rest of the world is very different and I enjoy traveling and meeting people from everywhere. That does not mean I trust them to behave the same in a business deal. And yes I have found many foreigners to be more honest and more trust worthy than their American counter part. I do not mean to imply everyone else is bad as they are not, but people and/or rules can be very different else where

But give the guy a break business life is different abroad and that is all
he is saying.

1600 klm too many?

I can't trust koreans
That does seem quite high for a new vehicle. Some are test driven before leaving the factory but in those cases they have a sticker on them that indicates that and explains the mileage. I'm guessing that your vehicle was likely driven to places where normally it would have been taken by a transport truck. In any case I believe the warranty begins on the day that you actually take possession of it. I guess you can look at it as a long test drive which should have discovered any problems with it. The mileage should have been noted on the 'Bill of Sale' documents.

Peter

1600 klm too many?

I can't trust koreans

i think 1600Km is too many
you should complain it to them
as you know 1600km can go to Busan from Seoul for 3 times
if you okay to post your case on Korean forum
will make it issue over there

let me know the branch of ford dealer

please dont get us wrong every korean just dealer huh?

Maybe they really only have a few Exs to pick from and drive, not ship, from one point to the other to deliver the car? 4 days to ship or really drive it?

Also maybe that car was used to run dealer errands etc.

Or maybe its fun for people to take many test drives even if they dont really want to buy.
...I too am a traveler and have lived abroad but cant imagine what its like purchasing a car outside N.A....

1600 klm too many?

I can't trust koreans

When Chicago Assembly Plant QC does an audit on the vehicle at the factory the vehicle is driven a short distance.

They normally put 20-25 miles/km on the vehicle during this test.

Mine was done at Chicago Assembly.

The vehicle gets a label on the window showing it was done.

IMG_3793.jpg

Cadillac lets the dealers sell their cars as new with less than 2400 miles. This is why i always ask how many miles they have on the car i am looking for before going over there.

in short 1600KM is way too many and i am betting no Break-in process was followed during these 1600KM either

What did they tell you when you were negotiating the deal? If it was supposed to be fresh off the boat, then you have a problem. Given the limited availability of the vehicle, my guess is that they put demo miles on it, and/or drove it to delivery.

But rather than guess, I'd ask.

My bad, they had the exact same model in the shop but it was the demo one used for test driving.

Mine has 16KMS :)

Peterk9, I have always been told that warranty is from zero miles no matter how many are on the vehicle when you accept delivery.

Peterk9, I have always been told that warranty is from zero miles no matter how many are on the vehicle when you accept delivery.
That is what I thought as well at one time until either blwnsmoke or Bill #4Explorer I believe, posted otherwise. I can tell you that on my lease agreement the extra 12kms that were on the Explorer was taken into account for the extra mileage charges So in my case the extra mileage charges start after 100,012 kms ( normal 3 year, 100,000 kms warranty).

The following is from the 2013 Model Year Ford Warranty Guide;

KNOW WHEN YOUR WARRANTY BEGINS
Your Warranty Start Date is the day you take delivery of your new
vehicle or the day it is first put into service (for example, as a dealer
demonstrator), whichever occurs first.

Peter

That is what I thought as well at one time until either blwnsmoke or Bill #4Explorer I believe, posted otherwise. I can tell you that on my lease agreement the extra 12kms that were on the Explorer was taken into account for the extra mileage charges So in my case the extra mileage charges start after 100,012 kms ( normal 3 year, 100,000 kms warranty).

The following is from the 2013 Model Year Ford Warranty Guide;

KNOW WHEN YOUR WARRANTY BEGINS
Your Warranty Start Date is the day you take delivery of your new
vehicle or the day it is first put into service (for example, as a dealer
demonstrator), whichever occurs first.

Peter

Yes I found that out when I called ford the other day. Warranty is a bit more here in Korea. :)

Looks like they are expert at installing that video system.

I'm guessing that added screen is for a backup camera. Did it not come with one?

Peter

You are correct in that the warranty date starts with delivery for the 3 year warranty. I can see where the lease mileage would start when delivered because you did not put those miles on it but I believe if you check the warranty starts at zero miles for the 3/36.

You are correct in that the warranty date starts with delivery for the 3 year warranty. I can see where the lease mileage would start when delivered because you did not put those miles on it but I believe if you check the warranty starts at zero miles for the 3/36.
Your first part (starts with delivery) seems to contradict the last part. (starts at zero). In each case you seem to refer to the factory warranty. The only warranty that I'm aware of the begins at mile 0 is the ESP. The Warranty Guide clearly states the 3/36 begins when the customer takes delivery or when the vehicle is used as a demonstrator.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm guessing that added screen is for a backup camera. Did it not come with one?

Peter

No, the added screen in the windshield is a blackbox or what others may refer to as a CCTV system. It records traffic in front and behind my car to be used as insurance if someone causes an accident. And I also get a discount on my insurance.

Back