The ROCKET part deux | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The ROCKET part deux

Well as most of you know by now my old explorer that you used to see in my avatar and that i made quite a few videos of and put ALOOOOT of money into has been totalled out due to a bad car accident. Well it just so happens that i was able to acquire an 03 V-8 4.6 liter black explorer for a a decent price a shade under the price of a HOUSE!!! lol. Well anyways. Just to let some of you know my old stuff that was almost completely installed in the old 5.0 X is not going to go into the new 4.6 liter X. Instead that is going into a 5.0 mustang project later on in a while. As for my plans for the explorer,.........Well they are serious and very drastic. They will be not be abel to be started till about one or twoyears from now but when i do it will be a pretty fast progression when i can start it. The project mainly consists of one of two plans that i have thought of but still undecided. One is to keep my stock Romeo 4.6 aluminum block and drop in low compression forged internals and top it off with DOHC Cobra heads that have had some adjusting. And then of course top it off with a Kenne Bell Twin screw supercharger at about 17 or 18 psi of boost. The other plan is to somehow come across an 03 cobra lower engine assembly minus the roots charger and then tweak that engine a little and then install a Kene Bell blowzilla charger just like the first plan and crank it to 17 or so psi. And then there comes the possibility of me just getting full aftermarket 4 valve heads instead of messing with the Cobra heads. Alot of you are probably saying. MAN THAT IS ALOT OF MONEY!!! Yeah it is. But i have plans for that. Along with that of course comes the other stuff when you plan on making that much horsepower. first would be to send my tranny off to Lentech or another reputable tranny builder. Or maybe just order another whole built tranny completely separate from the stock one. I will have to work those details out later. Then of course comes the custom driveline components, and the built rear end. Yeah it is IRS. But i can deal with it. I know this will take alot of time and even more money but i am really serious about it, especially being that i was days away from completing my 5.0 explorer supercharger project when i wrecked that truck. So i feel like it is a personal challenge now. There are alot of details i left out that might want to be mentioned but that is it for now. I just wanted to give you all the heads up that i will be competing for the fastest 4th gen explorer here in a few years. Sounds like a long time and it is but i will stick to it. You all just have to be patient. MY lst charger project took about a full year if anyone was following that one since the beginning. And it was sooooooo close to being done. Well anyways just hit me up if you want to know anything about what i got planned or any other questions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late on the speed is addicting thing. I got the bug way before I did my first supercharger project on my first explorer which was the 5.0 X that was crashed. The reason why the motor build is a while away is for a few reasons, one being that i dont have all the money quite yet. And another is that I am not even in the united states right now (where my truck is) because i am overseas and will be serving over here for another two years. So I cannot even change the air freshener in my truck for the next 2 years. lol. I am still not done with the exterior, plans in mind for that are the lowering of course, full lower and upper billet grilles, shaved roof rack also, and smoked rear tails, clear front corners, black monotoned trim instead of grey, and possible cowl hood(or modified Cobra hood) if needed. And then as far as I would be concerned that exterior would be done. The cool thing about all these things is that they can go on before, during or even after the engine stuff goes on. So if I have a week or two that are just slow for getting parts in then I can go ahead and do some of the stuff mentioned above.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yeah, .......whatever bugs reside in my storage unit I guess are watching over it. (kind of like Joe's Apartment but with my truck.) lol. Nope, it is up on blocks just sitting there for the duration of me being gone. I didnt trust anyone I knew to drive it without getting on the gas and wrecking it. Hell I almost did twice in the few months I had it before I left and I was even used to driving it!!!

mine is prettier :)

you can't be serious, stock tails over tinted? 2 tone with gray plastic over monotone black?

Originally posted by Black Magic
"Um, I am going to have to go with, No, Scott."

Heh heh, i love autin powers...
Skys on fire!

Originally posted by psychotic
you can't be serious, stock tails over tinted? 2 tone with gray plastic over monotone black?

I wont even comment on that one......................................................................................

Orrrrr it could be that fact that I have aftermarket 20 inch rims, the first TRUE dual exhaust setup that I have seen on a new gen ex (let alone V-8 X). full window tint, MAC intake, or the $2,000+ DVD player residing in the dash. Ya could take a look at my old explorer and see what I did to that, and let me just say that I got waaaay bigger plans for this one in both looks and especially for under the hood. But really who is even comparing.

By the way that is truly one nice explorer you got there. Just dont get into a pissing match about whos looks nicer. I am a mod on another forum that others here are a part of and there are a few choice people that constantly complain as to why people dont say great things about their trucks. Some just stand out to others and other trucks dont. Mine is one of the many that though it may look nice, still does not stick out to anyone. But..... people like Blackmagic, Troll, 98x24 (X24), Expo5.0, and James T and a few others do. I love all their trucks alot. But I would never compare mine or my old one to theirs, because that kind of competitiveness is just childish. Good luck on whatever plans you have for your X. I hope you keep us updated as to any of your future mods in the near future.

Yea, I am serious. But what do you care? That is just my personal opinion. You shouldn't worry about what everyone else thinks about your truck. Untill someone else makes a payment I am the only critic that I am trying to please!

Your Explorer is nice.

But this is not cardomain.com. We do not compete here. At least not out loud. Everyone supports each other and trys to help eachother. It is not a contest. There is no Rate My Ride here or Truck of the Month. This is strictly a helpful frendly Explorer lovers site.

Originally posted by Black Magic
There is no Rate My Ride here

Hey how bout that ratemyrack.com???? ***elbow jab*** lol. Why waste my time with trucks when I can stare at boobies for free all day long!!! Man you people got your priorities messed up!!! lol.

i never was serious, you guys moved it to the extra level. How about you don't get so defensive? I was just saying I think that a black ex looks a ton better monotoned with darker tails like covers or black altezzas..... its all color matched. I know yours has a better exhaust, and you have a good system. I said mine was "prettier". how can you even take offense to a comment with that word in it?

Hey man I didnt take offense. I just wanted to route off any possible open competition that could turn into bickering later is all. I do think a monotoned X does look alot better than a two toned one like mine currently is and the tinted tails look way better on a black Ex like our than the regular red ones which just stick out waaaay too much IMO. In fact you have three mods which I plan on doing here in the next while. I noticed you have a billet grill too, though I don think ya mentioned it. Well I might go for a BG. I still kind of like the stock chrome one it came with ( I know call me weird) lol. But as for the tails and monotoning, those are on my future modlist.

By the way I see you are also a part of the totalled explorer club too. Man, as much as I love my new truck I still miss my old one alot. Too bad I couldnt have both, but just with one of the payments. lol.

Oh, I love a black Explorer, obvsouly. No one here is mad at anyone. Hell, I just made a funny comment and STANN even took it properly. I made a joke. Just to clarify you took it to the next level with...

Hell, I love the mods you listed. That is why I did them in the first place. LOL

Let's all laugh at this experience and learn from it.

C:cool::cool:L?

Hey guys!!! I bet ya cant guess what all mods I have dont to my truck in the last month can ya? ABSOLUTELY NONE!!! ARGH!!! I miss my truck. I wish it was here with me sometimes. But on the brighter side I take delivery of my new (to me anyways) Mercedes- Benz 300E. I will be sure to post pics and stuff on it in the other part of this forum. I hear alot of good things about those cars. So when I do get back and am able to start modding my X again I might have not only that and a 5.0 stang in there but maybe even a Mercedes too. The good thing about the mercedes is that I wont ever want to mod it for speed because it is not a sporty type of car it is a relaxing type of car. But I am sure I will still throw a whirlie bird or two on there. lol. GOD I NEED TO STOP TALKING ABOUT TURBO-ING THINGS!! Bill (Troll) now ya got ME thinking of turbos. lol

Pics

Ok here are some pictures of the new vehicle in my so-called garage. I got it at a steal for $2,000. The guy needed to really get rid of it.

235951_35_full.jpg

Looks good, but NEEDS TINT:D :D

you got a car and a truck now?

Yeah I bought this used Mercedes when I went overseas here. So I left my truck back in the states. Gladly too because these people do not know how to drive!!! I NEVER EVER see anyone using their signals or anything. And I would be just pi$$ed if someone hit my truck! And about the tint thing. Thre is a rule for us saying that if we want to be able to bring our car on base that we cannot have any tint on it so as to allow the security people to see freely into the car when entering and exiting base. So though I do want to get the windows tinted I will have to wait for a while. But they didnt say anything about RIMS!!! lol.

hey rob if you still have your old injectors i sent you. you can keep them for when you do a dohc cobra swap in your truck as they are 03 cobra injectors.

Back