Thoughts on these 22" Wheels | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thoughts on these 22" Wheels

Your link didn't work for me:(

Here is my ride. 20x8.5x20 Boss 306's with 275x45x20's. Call me crazy, but I feel it rides VERY close to stock. I wouldn't go bigger than 20's or smaller:D To each his own though.

101_1646.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know this is late, but I wanted to comment on Limited02's wheels. Those look great on your Explorer and I agree, anything bigger than a 20 on a 3rd gen just looks like crap. It's not about how big you can go, its about having the right balance.

I know this is late, but I wanted to comment on Limited02's wheels. Those look great on your Explorer and I agree, anything bigger than a 20 on a 3rd gen just looks like crap. It's not about how big you can go, its about having the right balance.

X6StringerX-I award you 1000 points:D

I didn't even notice the posting date:( Better late than never!

Actually, no. Anything bigger than 20 doesn't look like crap. YOU think it looks like crap. You think it looks like crap because it isn't your style. Who is anyone to say what the "right balance" is?

This is a public forum. Not everyone is going to agree. There's no need to get so defensive.

Actually, no. Anything bigger than 20 doesn't look like crap. YOU think it looks like crap. You think it looks like crap because it isn't your style. Who is anyone to say what the "right balance" is?

We all have our opinions. Anything bigger than a 20" on an Ex doesn't really fit my style. Does it look bad? Not really. Can it? Yes. There are some people out there with 20's that look like crap.

I am building mine from a performance standpoint. So to me, anything bigger than a 20" rim is more for show. As long as the wheel fits the vehicle, I really don't care what size it is. Give me a second and I am going to post a rather large rim that I took a pic of when I had mine balanced. (IT'S BIG!!!)

Here is it-30" rim on the left and 22" rim on the right. Told you it was big:D
Image118-1.jpg

I'm done here. You shouldn't expect someone to base their opinion on how much hard work and money went into the project. That is irrelevant.

02 Ex on Dubs and Limited 02 -

Love your trucks. That look is my ultimate goal. I am trying to do it on a budget though. I found some 275/45-20 practically brand new for $200 and now looking for some 20's. I am trying to get Boss 335's in Silver (since I have a Blue/Gray Ex like 02 Ex on Dubs).

Take it easy!

Thanks for all the input, I recently just got some new 20". Once I saw these on the new sport trac, I knew these were the ones i wanted.
03Mountaineerwithnewwheels6-7-09.jpg

Excellent choice! I just recommended those to another poster earlier this week. Those are probably my favorite OE wheels of all time. I'm not sure if you know this or not and I can't see your centercaps too well, but those were also offered on Mountaineers so you can get matching Mercury centercaps.

Excellent choice! I just recommended those to another poster earlier this week. Those are probably my favorite OE wheels of all time. I'm not sure if you know this or not and I can't see your centercaps too well, but those were also offered on Mountaineers so you can get matching Mercury centercaps.

I did know that, these wheels came with ford center caps and I just removed the ford sticker and I think look fine. at $20 per cap, IMO it is not worth it get new ones.

Thanks for all the input, I recently just got some new 20". Once I saw these on the new sport trac, I knew these were the ones i wanted.
03Mountaineerwithnewwheels6-7-09.jpg

whats the specs on yout tires and rims i know there 20'' but the tire info i love
the thickness not too thin not to fat .. just perfect

Love my 20's....plus I didn't have to upgrade my braking system.

IMG_3788A.jpg

24's man.....22's look way to small. believe me... my friend had some 22s on a 07 avalanche and they looked way to small...24s look pretty small on it too. hes gonna get some 26s this summer.

whats the specs on yout tires and rims i know there 20'' but the tire info i love

If they are the stock tires, they should be 255/55/20.

They are 255/50/20

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back