tire mobility kit | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tire mobility kit

I called Ford Customer Service and was told that the tire mobility kit has been discontinued because it destroys the TPMS sensors.
That part makes sense. A lot of goo in the TPMS would not do it much good.

But If I had a nail puncture while pulling a trailer, and I was in the middle of nowhere, I'd pump the tire full of goo in a heartbeat.

You can recreate the kit for about $35 with a can of fix-a-flat and a little compressor you can get from most auto parts stores. I always carried one anyhow, but this one was nicely packaged.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question, withe the tow package, did anyone receive the trailer plug adapter for connecting kites on what your towing? I know on my F150 it came with all of that, worrying about the tire kit, I totally forgot to ask the dealer this.

I'd have to open it up and actually look at it. I couldn't tell you for sure right now. I'm at work.

Question, withe the tow package, did anyone receive the trailer plug adapter for connecting kites on what your towing? I know on my F150 it came with all of that, worrying about the tire kit, I totally forgot to ask the dealer this.

It comes with both a four pin and seven pin harness. To remove the panel loosen the screw pins in the front. The back snap in tabs the pull straight back.

Were was it located at, I've looked everywhere?

I called Ford Customer Service and was told that the tire mobility kit has been discontinued because it destroys the TPMS sensors. They also told me that if I get a flat while towing to call Roadside assistance.
If you compare the 2011 manual to the 2012, you will see that the tire/temporary mobility kit section has been removed for 2012.
Disappointing...

I'd have thought they'd at least leave the pump and maybe a warning label on the goo can, and/or plugs. Hopefully they will just revise the kit.

Hav it installed under the drivers seat, in the way sometimes.... The dealer showed me a letter from the dealer that no 2012's would have them anymore. Its a simple pump/kit

Back