Tonneau cover 'bleeds' onto Zinc Yellow | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tonneau cover 'bleeds' onto Zinc Yellow

Looking for some help, here. My Zinc Yellow Sport Track gets black streaks that run down from the tonneau cover. Any suggestions on how to stop this? There seems to be slightly less black streaking from the garnish moldings around the windows, too. HELP!!

Andrea

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe see the dealer about it?????
sounds like a werid problem...i'd see dealer first...if you can

do you put anything on the cover to clean it? Maybe it is that coming off when it rains. If not, maybe clean the hell out of the cover and try again....might be dye from the cover if it is new still...

Thanks for the replies.... I think it may be due to sitting on the lot and it hadn't been washed for a while... btw, what is the best cleaner to use for the tonneau cover and window garnish moldings?? Thanks a bunch, Andrea

sounds like its just dirt running off with the water...... you cant see it on the black, but brown/black dirt on yellow will stand out.....

i use Blue Magic Convertible Top Cleaner... it will do tonn covers also... I am pretty happy with it, Basically you wash the surface, spray a towel with the cleaner and rub it into the surface, then you take moist towel with water and wipe everything off....

Back