TRAILMASTER 98-00 in Explorer96´??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TRAILMASTER 98-00 in Explorer96´???

Fenix

Reaction score
City, State
Buenos Aires - Argentina
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 96´XLT 4x4
Sorry, I do not speak ingles, I need to know if 98´-00´ in a EXPLORER can be gotten to adapt kit of 4 TRAILMASTER " 96´ 4x4 XLT, and of which it forms to do or that to modify.
Thanks

Sorry, no hablo ingles, yo necesito saber si se puede llegar a adaptar el kit de TRAILMASTER 4" 98´-00´ en un EXPLORER 96´ 4x4 XLT, y de que forma hacer o que modificar.

Gracias

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Translation....

Fenix would like to know if a Trailmaster 4" lift for the 98-00 can be modified to fit a '96 XLT? Also, if it can, what are the necessary modifications.

Fenix,
Si alguien contesta tu pregunta en ingles lo que pudes hacer para traducir es copiar la respuesta en ingles a este lugar:

Dead Link Removed

y te lo traduce a espanol
sigue los pasos.....si no, pregunta me a mi. Yo frecuento este citio de seguido.

Yes, the torsion bar mounts would need to be modified somewhat. I think the new mounts can just be welded on over the original mounts. If not, then the original mounts would need to be cut off. Everything else will bolt up. The reason the kit is for '98 and up Explorers is because the torsion bar mounts were welded on '95-'97. Beginning in '98 Ford bolted them on. Someone here has made the conversion and had pictures. They were able to weld the new mounts without having to cut off the old ones.

I'm interested in this too... any info out there?

Re: Translation....

Originally posted by Ricardo Miramontes
Fenix would like to know if a Trailmaster 4" lift for the 98-00 can be modified to fit a '96 XLT? Also, if it can, what are the necessary modifications.

Fenix,
Si alguien contesta tu pregunta en ingles lo que pudes hacer para traducir es copiar la respuesta en ingles a este lugar:

Dead Link Removed

y te lo traduce a espanol
sigue los pasos.....si no, pregunta me a mi. Yo frecuento este citio de seguido.

Gracias Ricardo por tu preocupacion
Saludos Adrian(FENIX)

Originally posted by Robert
Yes, the torsion bar mounts would need to be modified somewhat. I think the new mounts can just be welded on over the original mounts. If not, then the original mounts would need to be cut off. Everything else will bolt up. The reason the kit is for '98 and up Explorers is because the torsion bar mounts were welded on '95-'97. Beginning in '98 Ford bolted them on. Someone here has made the conversion and had pictures. They were able to weld the new mounts without having to cut off the old ones.

Robert:
You know where I can find the information of the person who made this modification.

Thanks

Fenix Hola.

Richardo. If you can translate this for me, it would be appreciated. Sorry I still use photo point and it won't let me post the picture directly, so you will have to click on the links.
If you still have questions, just give a holler and I'll try and explain it in more detail.
Ray

I have some photos of what was modified to the rear torsion bar bracket, which is the only thing that needs to be modified to work on a 95-97 Explorer.
You do not have to weld anything or cut anything on your Explorer. All the welding and cutting is done on the rear torsion bar brackets only.

This first picture is the rear torsion bar bracket showing how the top part is cut to clear the portion where the adjuster originally sat on the frame.
View

This picture show how we welded a steel plate in the bottom portion to keep the adjuster from moving.
View

This is the other side of the plate that shows that we also welded a C type clip that keeps the adjuster (porkchop) from moving.
View

This is a close up view of the plate and clip up against the torsion bar adjuster.
View

Originally posted by Ray Lobato
Fenix Hola.

Richardo. If you can translate this for me, it would be appreciated. Sorry I still use photo point and it won't let me post the picture directly, so you will have to click on the links.
If you still have questions, just give a holler and I'll try and explain it in more detail.
Ray

I have some photos of what was modified to the rear torsion bar bracket, which is the only thing that needs to be modified to work on a 95-97 Explorer.
You do not have to weld anything or cut anything on your Explorer. All the welding and cutting is done on the rear torsion bar brackets only.

This first picture is the rear torsion bar bracket showing how the top part is cut to clear the portion where the adjuster originally sat on the frame.
View

This picture show how we welded a steel plate in the bottom portion to keep the adjuster from moving.
View

This is the other side of the plate that shows that we also welded a C type clip that keeps the adjuster (porkchop) from moving.
View

This is a close up view of the plate and clip up against the torsion bar adjuster.
View

Ray Lobato

Thanks for your answer and the photos

Adrian(FENIX)

Back