• Register Today It's free!

Trans temps

tbe2002

Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Expedition Limited
Hello, Just wanted to run this by you guys. It has been hot here like 95+ and in stop and go I am starting to see tems of 200- 220 in my trans. Now that is before the coolers. And this is only in stop and go driving like city. The min I hit the highway it goes right down. Now I know that before the coolers it is going to be higher, but i was wondering if that is still to high. This is on the 93 with with a4ld. The order is temp guage, radiator, then the stock cooler infront of the radiator then to a remote filter, then back to the trans. I am thining of getting another cooler with maybe an electric fan to keep the temps down. What do u guys think?

Get a stacked plate cooler. It's more efficient than the tube & fin design. Check your fan clutch. It might not be working properly. How old is the thermostat? Do you have enought coolant which is the proper mixture?

It has the factory stacked fined extra cooler there now. The fan clutch and the fan is new and I can def here it working. The thermostat is also new and my guage normally reads right around the "n" for the coolent temp. And the coolent is the proper mixture as I used the premixed 50/50 when I replaced the radiator when I did the transmission the past December.

Back