Truck Haven Hills | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills

Make that 23 trucks. I'll be coming down from Oakland/SF Bay area, on Friday, with my stock 93 mazda navajo. Is there still room at the base camp for another camper?

Can't wait.. I haven't been off road for a while, esp. since I had the transfer case rebuilt. It's about time I get off road again!

thomas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Matt,
Cal Law states you must have a concel carry permit in order to carry. Cal does not recognize any permits from other states. If no permit then the gun must be locked in a case or have a trigger lock on it and put in the back and ammo must be in another case or in the glove compartment. DO NOT PUT YOUR GUN IN THE GLOVE BOX!!!! DO NOT PUT YOUR GUN AND AMMO IN THE SAME CASE OR CONTAINER!!!! The gun must be in the back where you can not reach it. You CAN at your campsite carry "loaded", because it is concidered "Temporary Housing". You can not carry loaded in your truck on any public right of way. That means trails also.
I am bringing my Python, but after hearing what Juan is bringing, maybe I should bring my FAL instead. Just kidding, I only need the Python. Dead Link Removed Juan, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one to own a "EVIL WEAPON" on this board. Dead Link Removed I hope you bought a lot of clips, since we can't buy any more here in the Republic of Kal. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Keach, there's plenty of room at the camp for you. I've seen over 1000 vehicles there!

First, I'm not keach. I was forced by the BBS to post as keach - and then it decided that I'm not keach, but someone else. Grr.. stupid thing is shizo. (rick - I've sent e-mail about this. It simply has the wrong account information on me - and I didn't do it!)

I'm the one who posted about the 93 Navajo from SF.. so see you all there!

I had a bad Id too. It made me post under Saleon. When Rick checked into it, my password was way off from what it should have been.

Must be a lingering problem from Y1K.

Anyway, will you all let me drive at my own risk if I cant get tow hooks done?

I also just gound out that my tire pump hose has ripped open. KL\\\Looks like heat got to it. If I cant get that fixed too, will someone have some air I can borrow. I promise Ill give it back. Or is there a gas station with a hose close enough that It wont matter much?

Lastly, Rick and anyone else from AZ, when do you plan on leaving? Im aiming for 4 Friday afternoon. Any oneelse at that time? Maybe we can convoy?

Steven
ntrpriz@uswest.net

ARRRGGHH!!! I'm not sure what's up with the board, sorry about the problems. I'm not going to have much time to sort things out this week, but I'll give it a shot.

Steven, my wife and I are leaving early Friday morning. No later than 6:00am. Your welcome to join us if you want to get an early start.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Paul, Steven,
I am bringing my C02 "Power tank", so there is one more air source for who ever needs it. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Thanks Ray for the extra air. Oddly enough there is a gas station down the road for any fill up's but they do not have any air. They could make a fortune if they had it.

Rick,

I may actually join you. I wont know for sure until tomorrow. I have to be back Sunday Evening, so If I get there earlier, I have more time to play. Ill let you know.

I have our portable air compressor (one of those "truck air" things). I can air up a tire (31x10.5) from 15 to 40 in about 15 minutes... I know its not fast.. but it works until I can the spare tire out from underneath so I can fit an air tank there. Anyone can use it if they need it.

Mark

------------------
Mark
mark@legendz.com
http://mark.legendz.com
Off-Road and Motorcycle Information, Pictures and Movies

Rick,
Your making all us East Coast Guys Jealous!
Too bad we couldn't rent a BIG A$$ Air-Force Cargo plane and fly out west with our Explorers and be a part of the Weekend and then be back to work on Monday Morning!

Chris

25 Explorers Dead Link Removed 20 Ford Engineers Dead Link Removed Trailmasters lifted 2000 Explorer Dead Link Removed Fourwheeler Magazine Dead Link Removed The owner of Explorer Express Dead Link Removed Buffet Dinner on Ford Dead Link Removed Ford Jackets for the drivers Dead Link Removed Door Prizes Dead Link Removed Loads of fun Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed

Even if you haven't registered yet just SHOW UP!!! This is going to be a "world class" event!!!

Here is the URL for those who would like to show up: Dead Link Removed

My thanks go out to Paul Bredehoft for his part in bringing this event together!!

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-13-2000).]

My dad and i are coming up early sat morn. Bringing the firewood. Dead Link Removed For whoever is going to be camping, thought maybe we could work out a meal or something...just a thought. Look forward to meeting all you guys and gals. Dead Link Removed
Brian
Bring plenty of T-pee

Im here... where is everyone else??? I am sitting in my hotel in Indio... just waiting for everyone else to come along Dead Link Removed. Sounds like a great trip glad I made it. Well today, I left Denver around 4:30am. Saw altitudes as high as 12,000 feet and as low as 500 feet. Saw icy roads, snow, temperatures in the 15's as well as deserts and temperatures in the 70's. Made it almost 1,000 miles... quite a trip! Look forward to seeing everyone there tomorrow! Hopefully I won't be the first one there, seeing as how I don't know where to go. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Matt Adams
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Sounds like a great trip Matt. Paul is already there. I'll be there right about noon Friday. We are going to do a bit of pre-running tomorrow afternoon.

See ya there!

What are the best directions to Camp from Orange County?

Zip2.com says to take the 15 South to the 76 to the 7, and some side streets. Is this the fastest way?

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

I have no clue I'm coming from Phoenix.

Rick

Rick,
Thanks anyway. I got it. 10 to 16 to 86 same as posted earlier by one of you guys.

Woooho, like Rangerx, I think I'll have a time sleeping today.

Too bad my girlfrien can't make it to these things.. neck problems.

See you all there!!

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

You know, I'm just not going to get any sleep tonight with all this excitement going around here. Dead Link Removed Now you tell me that we have magazine coverage. Now I gotta find something nice to wear. Well Rick you and Paul really did it this time. I suppose I'll have to buy some of those Hollywood glasses, since we all are going to be stars. Dead Link Removed Just joking. Dead Link Removed
Actually I am really excited about the run and can't wait until tomorrow, when I can finally put a face to all of you who I've been communicating with, and some like Rick and Paul for the past 2 years when this board was on off-road.com. WOW! I've been following this board that long? Thanks Rick and you too Paul. I know I'm gonna have a good time. Dead Link Removed
Dead Link RemovedSEE YOU ALL TOMORROW! Dead Link Removed

Oh! and my thanks to Ford for coming out and talking to us and for the grub! Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. Dead Link Removed
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

[This message has been edited by Ray Lobato (edited 01-13-2000).]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ExplorerGM,

I'll be driving right by Palm Springs. Where are these GC for Chart House?

Give me directions off the 10 and I'll get them!!

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

[This message has been edited by felsmann (edited 01-14-2000).]

Back