Truckhaven Once Again | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven Once Again

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 124

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i know that this might be to late, but it is now 2:15 on friday night(sat morning). My alternater has decided to die on me on way home from irvine. Luckly my battery held out until i got home. I'm gonna look at it tomorrow, but i dont want to head out if i'm having any problems. Especially anything electrical. I hate it. Sorry for the late notice, but this was unexpected. I guess once i fixed one problem, another one occurs. Maybe we can reschedule something. I know that this sucks..sorry guys. I'm annoyed myself. But what can ya say its a ford right. The truck Hasn't left me yet. So knock on wood.

Just got back, I ended up doing a day run. I found Jefe and Brother_of_Jefe at about 9AM, and we cruised around for a few hours, went back to camp for lunch, then cuised around a little more. After lunch Jefe asked me to lead. When I asked him where to, he said "somewhere where someone will get stuck." Well, I led, and he got stuck! :D Just a little stuck, but the tow strap was used!

Wish I could have made it. Taking the truck apart was a good thing though... I found several wires that had the insulation rubbed all the way through on my fuel injection harness where the two big connecters are. I taped them up and re-routed them when I reassembled the motor. That could have eventually stopped my in my tracks...

The project took a bit longer than I expected, but I did a lot of extra stuff while everything was apart. It will be ready to fire up first thing tomorrow. All I need to do is install the plug wires.

We're (John and I) back. The wind was picking up and we were getting tired of the dust and heat. It was fun. . .although not as much fun as it could have been if everyone else had shown up :p

I'll have some pictures and perhaps even video up in the next couple of days.

Woo Hoo! My brother Jeff and I had a blast! We didn't get there until about 10:30 -11 Friday night, but we threw up the tent, unloaded our stuff, and headed out on a night run! (A little wind, so we secured our tent with some rather LARGE boulders.) Didn't get back to camp until almost 2am. Two of my boys and my son's friend, Chris, had never been to Truckhaven so we gave them the full tour of the "ravines" at night. Awesome!

There was a lot of soft sand blown in to the bottom and sides of the ravines, so it changed the trail a bit. Less traction and a couple of VERY tight spots off-camber against the wall.

We seemed to be the only ones there (the wind advisories probably scared off any other groups) so it was easy to follow the other truck's tracks.

Saturday, we cruised around camp until we found Bill, then headed out to the hills.

.... more later

Back