U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!!

ghostnthedark

Reaction score
City, State
newportnews,va
Year, Model & Trim Level
i called u-haul a minute ago, and did you know they wont rent me a car trailer because im towing with a explorer!!!!! it's new company policy.....the guy said the explorer is more likley than any other suv to roll over. i think that's a crock of sheeeat.what do you guys think??? UHAUL:shoot: :banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

definate BS. sounds like something thier lawyers told them to do. I wonder what would happen if some one filed a discrimination suit against them. Do ya think it would blow up into a national news event?

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

so are explorers now easier to roll than jeep wranglers... or wont they rent a trailer to them too?

what a bumch of bull shi.........T!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this issue come up for someone over at FTE a couple weeks ago. Here's what U-Haul told him
Dear Mr. Hazle,

Thank you for your inquiry.

In order to ensure the protection and safety of our customers U-Haul is
prohibiting any year and make of Ford Explorer to tow our trailers. If
you have an alternate vehicle to do the towing we can assist you with your
reservation.

When renting U-Haul equipment, safety has always been our number one
priority. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and
appreciate your understanding of our policies.

Sincerely,
Deanna Gilling
U-Haul Customer Service
Took effect in December sometime. I've got to call u-haul to verify that this is true, because I might need a trailer for some junk later in the spring.

I think everyone should contact them and let them know this isnt right :) :p

Originally posted by Trckmagik
I think everyone should contact them and let them know this isnt right :) :p

I think we should do one better and see if we can get FORD to address this issue!!!!

i know its not an explorer..but my dad had a lifted 89 f-150 on 36" tires and when a rim blew out none of the tire shops would replace it because it might tip over and they didnt want to be liable..so we had to take the tire off and tell them it was for offroad use only

kinda stupid seeing as my dads truck still hassent rolled even with me driving it =)

I am lucky I reserved my U-Haul a week ago before my roadtrip. When I went to pick it up they told me that they couldnt hookup the trailers to Explorers anymore but since I reserved it they would give it to me. Bunch of poop if you ask me.

This is horseshit.

What is the headquaters phone number? I feel like giving them a call!

Originally posted by Rick
So basically, U-Haul and many major tire installation centers consider the Explorer to be an unsafe, defective vehicle.:rolleyes: :confused:

Dont know about U-Haul but when I tried to get 30x9.50r15's mounted at Costco they wouldnt do it because of the "high risk of rollover". Are you freaking kidding me? 30's are a miniscule taller than the stock p235's. Then they told me that if I took the rims off the truck and just brought the rims they would mount whatever I wanted?!?!?!?! Yeah like that would make any difference in a court of law...............

Company headquarters
U-Haul International, Inc.
2727 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004

Phone 1-800-528-0463
Fax 1-602-277-5207

Thank yah rick, I will personaly give them a call on the second.

hmmm Phoenix huh!! Well Rick do you feel like hosting a march on Phoenix but driving Explorers. It could be our own march on washington so to speak.

I am getting real sick and tired of this crud.

Good Idea AJ, I'm with yah..

I was gonna get my tires at BJ's and the day i went to get them on the guy freaked and was like "you didnt tell me they were going on that!" and refused to do it. He pulled out a book and there was a page that said the option tire sizes available for my X and they were smaller.... all because of that firestone crap.

i never heard of this u-haul thing but if people are getting together to complain.... lets just say i love bustin balls:D **especially against idiot companies like that

Rick and anyone else here's a thought.

Do you think we have any power what so ever in our numbers on this website??

Could we draft up a letter that would be endorsed by all members around 20,000+ and growing daily, that would basically shame U-haul for their actions.

I mean I am always good for a boycott. Heck I boycotted a whole city for 3 yrs.

its all the freaking medias fault for making the explorer look so bad, everyone thinks im stupid for having an explorer, let alone lifting it, its bs. its the media's fault for making the ex look so bad. tire shops hate us, and so does U-haul. its BS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AJ,
Another great idea!

Rick should make a section on the forum where everyone signs their name, location and year of explorer.
(To sign the list)

I want to be part of this..

Back