U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!! | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!!

Ford did play their part in the rollover issue, and do deserve to take some of the fault. They got greedy trying to hedge their rollover risk by lowering the reccomended tire PSI of 26 which is rediculous. Just like they are hedging their fleet MPG with the 5w20.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pj8847 said:
I have read through this entire thread, and have followed this whole circus of screw-haul versus the explorer since it started. I find the practice of selective discrimination in this country to be unacceptable as it is, and now an entire population of explorer owners are singled out based soley upon a financial "decision". What happens to all of us explorer owners who payed out OUR hard earned money to buy our vehicles to now only have to deal with lawyers and money grubbing sc*m sucking bottom dwellers forcing the depreciation of our investments? Throughout this whole thing, so much has been said as to the safety of our vehicles and to the well known "defects" they *might* have. ( I have yet to find one with my explorer... how about you? ) but there is the most basic of all subjects that has never been brought into it, HUMAN ERROR. Well it has to an extent, but i'm talking basic.

but in a society where people sue for hot coffee, burglars can sue the home owner, and these worthless mother-f'r's actually win... if society wasn't so f'd up in general companies wouldn't have to make these decisions either.. I don't blame uhaul for making a stupid decision, I blame the US judicial system that embraces retards who fail to use common sense. it sucks some kid died... but the trailers show a BIG sticker that says 45mph max on every trailer, under 45mph, it would be really hard to flip an ex, no matter what a trailer did.. but the retards family won the case, even though I'd bet the kid was running up around 60+ on a freeway and the trailer was wagging the dog if you know the concept..

point being if you couldn't sue companies for personal damages and get class action sized payouts, probably wouldn't have to deal with legalized descrimination. so don't blame uhaul for discontinuing your usage because the government won't protect them from people like the hot coffee lady or the crook who sued the homeowner...

budget has them in florida...
hey just merged with ryder. and have trailers and car cariers.

davidmmm69 said:
budget has them in florida...
hey just merged with ryder. and have trailers and car cariers.

Can't find anything about trailer rentals on their website anywhere, wish I could because I'll be needing a trailer in a few months. I'd rather do that then buy Mounty badges for my Ex just to fool U-Haul, as funny as that would be.

jayhawkexplorer said:
Can't find anything about trailer rentals on their website anywhere, wish I could because I'll be needing a trailer in a few months. I'd rather do that then buy Mounty badges for my Ex just to fool U-Haul, as funny as that would be.

Just use duct tape over the Ford badges and write in Mountaneer over the duct tape with a Sharpie pen (substitute Navajo if you have a Sport). They are really stupid, and will probably not notice at all. ;)

Oh man that's funny....what about false "Exploder" badges, that work?

Cool, I meant like some how taking old badges and and replcing the R with a D from some badge, if you did a somewhat decent job it would look nice, but I doubt they would be so dumb as to let that one slide.

scott93EB said:
Cool, I meant like some how taking old badges and and replcing the R with a D from some badge, if you did a somewhat decent job it would look nice, but I doubt they would be so dumb as to let that one slide.

Don' t underestimate their stupidity. It runs company wide and it starts from the top of the organization.

That's freaky.

Back