For Sale - Ubolt & Shock Skidplates | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Ubolt & Shock Skidplates

I have a pair of brand new U-bolt and shock skid plates specifaclly made for the rear of a 1st or 2nd gen Explorer. They are 1/4" plate and protect your u-bolts and raise the shocks up a few inches. These are made for 5/8" U-bolts which are bigger than the stock ones so if you dont have 5/8" ubolts now would be the time to upgrade. These may cause shock to swaybar mount interference so shocks should be mounted body side up or if you have removed the rear swaybar it is a non-issue. Also note these raise the shock up 2"-3" so shock length could be an issue depending on your lift and shock length.

Current price for a pair is $215 shipped to the US due to the high cost of steel right now.

attachment.php

ubolt skids (1).JPG

ubolt skids (2).JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you still sell these? I have shock extenders but would rather use these instead. Also it looks like you can use them with the sway bar attached. Just want to be sure.

Do you still sell these? I have shock extenders but would rather use these instead. Also it looks like you can use them with the sway bar attached. Just want to be sure.

I have temporarily discontinued making these due to the large increase in the price of steel driving up the retail cost. I still can but the current price would be $215 shipped based on just the increase in raw materials. If still interested let me know but otherwise I am not making and stocking these until future notice.

The swaybar can still be used, there should be just enough clearance between it and the shock in most cases.

I have temporarily discontinued making these due to the large increase in the price of steel driving up the retail cost. I still can but the current price would be $215 shipped based on just the increase in raw materials. If still interested let me know but otherwise I am not making and stocking these until future notice.

The swaybar can still be used, there should be just enough clearance between it and the shock in most cases.
I’ll definitely send you a message after the holidays when I’m more sure I can buy some. Would you happen to know which u bolts work with these mounts? I currently have the stock size u bolts but I see these are made for 5/8.

I’ll definitely send you a message after the holidays when I’m more sure I can buy some. Would you happen to know which u bolts work with these mounts? I currently have the stock size u bolts but I see these are made for 5/8.
Stock will work but I recommend using some like this with these dimensions: U bolt, 3 1/4" X 5/8" X 10"

Back