For Sale - Shock Bar Pin Eliminators (SOLD) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Shock Bar Pin Eliminators (SOLD)

I have 3 sets of bar pin eliminators that are for the top mount of the rear shocks on a 1st and 2nd Gen Explorer. These allow you to run a universal shock that doesn't come with a top bar pin and you don't have to fight getting a bar pin through the bushing on aftermarket shocks. They also provide preload to the bushing which bar pins can't. These will fit most any shock with a standard rubber or polyurethane eye bushing.

Hardware is not included and they are bare steel so they will need paint, you just need 4 grade 8 bolts that are 5/16" diameter x 1 3/4" to 2" long and nylock nuts and washers.

These versions are all sold.

If your shock has a steel sleeve inside the bushing it will need to be removed and then simply slide the pin in, slide 1 block on and put the bolt through. Next slide the other side block on and using a vice or c-clamp compress the assembly until you can get the other side bolt through.

1 of the 3 I have for sale:

DSC_0311 (Small).JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine are soon to be on their way :D

Just boxed yours up :thumbsup: I made a custom pair that Obie requested and while I did his I made 3 extras of the 'normal' kind. I don't plan to make any more of these so when these are gone they are gone!

Surprised these haven't all been snatched up now. I would order a second set, but I already bought some new shocks for the Trac.

Test fitted them on the Fox shocks today, perfect fit (these will actually be for smooth bodies, but it's the exact same mount):
1-2013-08-01173430_zps33a96160.jpg

I'll be dropping them, and my ubolt skids, off for powdercoating tomorrow.

^ I'm glad that custom pair worked out for you!

Just to clarify though, Obie's were custom made to fit his Fox shocks. These extras are for regular shocks with bushings. I still have the 3 left...

ooooh... I am so tempted..

Too many things I "want".. prioritizing parts is really hard..

Time to dig through the Rancho Catalog and see how much different the selection is between the kind with dog bones and the kind without.

I have had to change a dog bone (I broke one) on a rear shock but it never occured to me that I could have used something like this to just use a shock without the dog bone.

~Mark

Ok, question...

Do you what style mount works with these? For example, the stock mounts on the rear shocks on the explorer are a xp7 (top) and LS26 for the bottom.

By having this bar eliminator which style upper mount will I need?

~Mark

...Yea....My dogbones have nasty wear marks on them and it's only a matter of time..:rolleyes:

..I think Brian needs to meet me in Vegas next month with a truck load of goodies I can deliver out to Truckhaven for everybody.....Save on a ton of shipping too..:D

..I think Brian needs to meet me in Vegas next month with a truck load of goodies I can deliver out to Truckhaven for everybody.....Save on a ton of shipping too..:D

Wish I could!

Ok, question...

Do you what style mount works with these? For example, the stock mounts on the rear shocks on the explorer are a xp7 (top) and LS26 for the bottom.

By having this bar eliminator which style upper mount will I need?

~Mark

LS26 with the metal sleeve removed. That designation must be a Monroe/Rancho thing. The Bilsteins were sold just as an eye/eye configuration and was perfect for both the lower rear mount (with supplied sleeve installed) and top rear with my bar pin elims. The bar is 5/8" and the spacing is about 1 3/8" which preloads the bushings about 1/8" with a bushing width of 1.5"

If you still have a set I'll take em. PM sent.

Would these allow me to run the Bilstein 5160 shocks?

..Brian may not be able to answer right away but he will get back to you as soon as he's in range..;)

..I do know Brian is running Bilsteins on his truck but I forget which ones..

So you can't run the reservoir 5165 on the front? How's the 5125 do offroad?

So you can't run the reservoir 5165 on the front? How's the 5125 do offroad?

I don't know, you might be able to run them on the front but these bar pin eliminators are made for the rear.

I like the 5125s. They work well off road and ride smooth.

I'm interested in a set

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back