Visor broke, now various electrical things like radio and windows will not work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Visor broke, now various electrical things like radio and windows will not work

Aundrea

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado springs Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Mercury Mountaineer
Driver side sun visor broke so I pulled it off because I was unable to see while driving so now the radio work the windows will not work certain lights don't come on suddenly the air conditioning Now does not work please help

If you had a visor with a light up vanity mirror, there is a power wire that runs inside the visor support that may have been damaged when you pulled out the visor. This wire may be touching bare metal and blowing your fuse for lights and radio (not sure if they are on same circuit). I would drop see about dropping part of the headliner and inspecting the wire inside and make sure its not shorting out in there.

One thing to check also is there is a black wire chase going into the drivers side door, you can pull the chase back and check for any broken wires inside. It's pretty common for the wires in there to get pinched over time and break. I never had a problem with the radio or AC but I did have lights coming on randomly and power windows didn't work occasionally.

Wow I am so thankful for your feedback I'm going to have to look at the definition of several of the words you use just now describe situation either way though

Back