Wasn’t The Plan

Joe Stewart

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Platinum
Long story short, man blew red light, totaled my 2017 Platinum. Found a 1 owner 2019 Platinum with 41000 miles. Being delivered to me on Tuesday. Good news, i was able to remove most of my add-ons and all will fit my 19. Sucks that I couldn’t retrieve my Steeda sway bar or my Steeda rear trailing link. Since the vehicle would not power up, SCT tuner could not put stock tune back. SCT reprogrammed my tuner for free, since vehicle was totaled. I purchased full Steeda suspension system for my 17, but never installed most of it. Will install it on the 19 now.

IMG_0164.jpeg

IMG_0165.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn, glad you're ok, the red-light running is an epidemic here in Houston, it's terrible.

Red light is a suggestion to stop these days, turn signals are optional equipment on cars and when used, it's a command.
I'm glad you're OK, that silver is a beautiful color.

Long story short, man blew red light, totaled my 2017 Platinum. Found a 1 owner 2019 Platinum with 41000 miles. Being delivered to me on Tuesday. Good news, i was able to remove most of my add-ons and all will fit my 19. Sucks that I couldn’t retrieve my Steeda sway bar or my Steeda rear trailing link. Since the vehicle would not power up, SCT tuner could not put stock tune back. SCT reprogrammed my tuner for free, since vehicle was totaled. I purchased full Steeda suspension system for my 17, but never installed most of it. Will install it on the 19 now.
Glad to hear that you are OK, Joe. That's a sharp-looking Explorer. Happy modding.

Peter

Thanks Guys. Front and rear dash cams really paid off. No questions from Sheriff’s Office or his insurance.

That's super cool of them to reprogram your tuner for free. At least it's a little less to worry about when dealing with the stress of everything else.

Back