What kind of metal/chrome polish do you use? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What kind of metal/chrome polish do you use?

n2knee

Reaction score
City, State
San Francisco,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 EB
I need to polish my billet grille (purchased from Explorer Express). Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Turtle Wax Chrome Polish works for me!

If there's tar or bug stains on the chrome, I'll take a little gas on a paper towel and clean it off. Then I will use Dawn to wash the chrome off, and complete it with some Turtle Wax Chrome Polish. Looks like new when completed.

I remember reading some where that you are never supposed to use dish soap when washing a car. Isnt that why they made car wash soap? Correct me if I am wrong.

dish soap takes the clear coat off, or harms it in some way, I heard that from a detailer friend of mine. As for metal polish, I use Speedy polish, same as truckers use to clean the chrom, works the best of products I've tried, but it's a bit pricey, check out a truck stop for it

I just used a product called Wenol's metal polish, I used the stuff in the blue tube, It did WONDERS for the alloy wheels on the 97. Removed all scratches, and made them look like new. Great product! :thumbsup:

I use Eagle One's Never Dull chrome polish. It does wonders on my stock steel chrome rims!! It's awesome!!

Here's a pic:

Dead Link Removed

Two of the best and most impresive products I have used for chrome/metal polish in the market has been Eagle One "never dull" & Mothers chrome/alluminum polish.

I have an old set of 83P-type rims on my Supra, and durring the years of break dust and all, Mothers pollish works wonders! this product has been around since the early 70's. It's about $8.00 Canadian for a jar. wipe on, wipe off. no effort needed.

Just my .02cents worth.

Cheers!

Back