Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
what you run how do you like it

I have a full case detroit and it works fine. I had a lockright before and it worked fine till I blew the pinion and found a complete axle cheaper then a ring and pinion

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am also running a full Detroit. It works great.

I love my Detroit! Cant wait for the Aussie locker for the front.

ARB!!

Cops around here don't like the tire chirpping.

whats the big deal about this locker and LS stuff I got myself two sweet open axles!!!!!.

Looking for a locker once I get some money for that and gears so I would be interested in who likes what the best and why.

Gary

I have a full detroit and love it off-road. Wish I had an ARB for daily driving. I'm always chirping the tires even starting out in 2nd gear.

No slip here as well. When a 60 goes in the rear it will be a spool.

NoSlip here too.
IMHO, Best bang for the buck!

Used to have a No-Slip in my X, now have a Lock Right in my Sammy. Definitely the best bang for the buck.

Love my lockright... but i really really wanted to choose "whats a locker my stock LS is the bomb at the mall" Cause we all know L\S is da bomb off road. :)

Does anyone know how to tell if you have a factory locker or not???

Tim

Powertrax No-Slip.

For those of you that are also running the No-Slip, do you get a very harsh and loud "bang" when coming to a stop. I know it is my locker unlocking right before I stop. it is bad enough that the rear end of my truck changes directions. My locker has about 1500 miles on it and it didn't do it when first installed. I took it back to Desert Rat and they claimed that all it needed was to change the differential fluid. They said that after 1000 miles with new gears the fluid breaks down. They said the locker looked fine and there wasn't anything to be conserned about. It drove great on the way home from there, but the next day the problems started up again. Also, when going from reverse to drive or vice-versa, I get a very harsh "clunk" like there is way too much slop in it. I had the same type of clunk before I had my transmission rebuilt, but before I had the locker put in. The clunk remained after the transmission rebuild so I took it back to the transmission shop. They pulled my rear driveshaft off and showed me the extreme amount of play in my differential yoke. I told them that I would be getting a locker and rebuilding the rear end in a couple of weeks. They said that should take care of the play. Well it didn't and I'm getting tired of Desert Rat telling me there is nothing wrong.

I would like to know if anyone else's No-Slip does this also?

I do have slap in my driveline from the locker. If my truck is sitting on level ground i can turn the driveshaft a little bit. I thought maybe backlash on the gears somehow was off but when i changed my diff fluid i noticed the gears where fine. It was the locker that causing the slap in my rear. from what i can tell its due to the carrier rotating a little bit before the locker engages on the splines of the axle shaft. or its possible it's the teeth on the locker taking a moment to enage. I'm not 100% sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yah, I have some bangage and wierd stuff sometimes, but I've gotten used to it. I got a new yoke at the same time and axleshafts, so all that is good. Occasionally, I'll get that bigass bash if I'm stepping on it that sends the truck into the other lane, but I talked to some people over at Pirate and they said its completely normal. Sometimes when making a tight slow turn with the clutch depressed and the truck in 1st gear, it will go clunk clunk clunk around the turn...really wierd but I said ***** it, its the locker. Hey, ignorance is bliss!!

Back