Wheel Spacers | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Spacers

For everyone that has lowered their Sports with H&R explorer 51360 springs ( [MENTION=252913]BillyG2014Sport[/MENTION] [MENTION=263105]Powder09[/MENTION] [MENTION=222716]banxwondar[/MENTION] [MENTION=235121]SilverStallion[/MENTION] [MENTION=71556]BAD430BENZ[/MENTION] etc?)... I'd love your input.

I'm about to order spacers /adapters, and wondering what width to go with. If y'all could do it over again, would you go with any different thickness than you did? (please state what thickness you have front/back)
What did you ended up with?

Before I purchase. Does anyone know how much stud has to be cut off with a 1” and 1.25” spacer? Or I guess, how long are the studs and I can calculate. 2016 18” rim

Back when I had 1" spacers on, there was no need to cut...the hub mounting surface on the back of the rim has "openings" that allow for the stud to poke into it a bit. I don't have them any more, and took no pics either, so apologies for not having proof. I was using stock wheels on 1" spacers before I went with my aftermarket wheels that had that 1" offset built into them.

Cool, thanks for the info. I like the rims so no need for after market. I think the only difference is having to check the torques more often. The pressure on the bearing I would think is the same with spacers and offset wheels. Thanks again

Back