where to put your off road lights.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where to put your off road lights..

lights on the roof can actually blurr your vision, im not sure about the xplorer but on my 73 chevy i had lights on the roof and they just shined into the windsheild..

I have 2 daylighters on the bumper and they do the trick. im thinking about putting more but where should they go? i took off the bull bar because all i do is drag it and my bumper is full because of the daylighers. any suggestions? i already have 2 baja fogs on the back for reverse lights. i was thinking about the roof rack but that is pretty far back from the front.. help

the correct answer is "wherever you can" LOL j/k, thats just the Mattadams answer! :).
mostlights.jpg

Seriously I have five mounted on the roof of my F-150 and I have used them at night off-road and I think thats an excellent place, the only time thats NOT a good spot is in foggy conditions, they help you absolutely 0, actually like -100 in foggy conditions.

Goodness Matt, I like lights but I think you are probably PIAA's best customer! Any problems getting enough juice for all of those at once?

Jason

my explorer used to go through alternators, no problems yet on the f-150. They are both running the same amperage alternators, go figure.

matt, ive never seen pics of your explorer before. that thing looks awesome! ive got 2 hella 450's on the front bumper and 2 walmart specials on the roof. no power supply problems so far.

Back