Who is serious about.....

TIO M

Reaction score
City, State
Copperas Cove, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 LTD X/Platinum 4wd
SOFTWARE?

I want to guage interest on developing the software for our Explorers the 2011-2012 types.

I want to see who would seriously buy..this way I can provide some data to developers like SCT, JET, or whomever I can pitch it too.

Preferrably SCTFlash as I can make the trip to Orlando and do what it takes to develop this software. I want to independently do custom software for CAI and Exhaust too include w/o MODS.

Also let me know what is the most important to you.

MPGs, Towing, Tranny, Performance, and what MOD you would add.

So just add yourself to the list to see how you would prefer your setup or in general;

1) TIO M, 11' 4WD / Interested more in Towing and MPGs w/mods CGS Air Intake & Exhaust.

Let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Chirp Chirp....maybe this is why there hasn't been any Tunes yet. No one is serious just..talk.

I don't have a 2011 but if I did, what would be important is: open source!

Please do elaborate..

Well I really didn't know what you meant by "software" so part of my reply was a random thought :)

But I took "software" as wiping the ECU and rewriting at least the engine management part. If you do this, and keep it open source, then other people can take the code, alter or add new stuff to it, and hopefully/eventually, over time it gets better and better.

Well I'm not a software developer maybe I was misunderstood. I am trying to provide my Ex for testing purposes to create a downloadable tune to improve performance on our Explorers. From my understanding is that SCT Performance has a handheld programmer that can download the Original ECU maps and store it. Then be able to upload a new maps that improve MPGs, Performance, Shift points, etc...

Hope this helps out, I just want to have a tune that can accomodate Open Cold Air Intakes and Exhausts. Hope this clarifies it some.

FYI Diablo is more flexible when it comes to tuning, ie custom tunes

I'd certainly be interested in a remap if it could be done without any warranty issues. I already worry I'll miss the torque (not to mention that lovely V8 snarl) of my Aviator.

Okay folks, I got Superchips talking to me and are looking into it. Now here is the thing, there is a guy who works to go on forums to see if the market is there. If you're serious start now with your questions and wants, I told them I started a thread. Either way, it'll all boil down to what the market wants...not what I want lol!

I should be getting the intake and exhaust by the end of this week!! Excited!!

Okay folks, I got Superchips talking to me and are looking into it. Now here is the thing, there is a guy who works to go on forums to see if the market is there. If you're serious start now with your questions and wants, I told them I started a thread. Either way, it'll all boil down to what the market wants...not what I want lol!

I should be getting the intake and exhaust by the end of this week!! Excited!!

Forgive me if you've already posted this somewhere else but what intake and exhaust are you getting? Prices?

I'm itching to add some balls to the sound of my exhaust. (hee hee he said balls...)

As one who tuned the hell out of his MINI immediately after getting it (voided warranty) I'm trying my best to be a bit more conservative on the Explorer but exhaust would be fun.

Forgive me if you've already posted this somewhere else but what intake and exhaust are you getting? Prices?

I'm itching to add some balls to the sound of my exhaust. (hee hee he said balls...)

As one who tuned the hell out of his MINI immediately after getting it (voided warranty) I'm trying my best to be a bit more conservative on the Explorer.

CGS Motorsports was tapped by Ford for SEMA and developed an intake and exhaust.

If you go over to StreetPros.com they got a 10% off and free shipping on CGS products. Another fellow'r stated that Magnaflow completed a Catback for around $500 or so, but I've never liked Magnaflow. I just want to keep it a the same brand.

Happy mod hunting.

CGS Motorsports was tapped by Ford for SEMA and developed an intake and exhaust.

If you go over to StreetPros.com they got a 10% off and free shipping on CGS products. Another fellow'r stated that Magnaflow completed a Catback for around $500 or so, but I've never liked Magnaflow. I just want to keep it a the same brand.

Happy mod hunting.

Thanks for the link. Just got an email today from Magnaflow announcing that they are up and running with a catback for the 2011. Price I saw was almost $1000.

For less than that 1k you can get intake and exhaust and have money leftover for other mods buddy!

I need software.... I have CAI (K&N) and a Magnaflow catback.

I need software.... I have CAI (K&N) and a Magnaflow catback.

So... From them dynos they are saying the sport is no where near 350-365 horsepower. If there final numbers came in at 385, with 75 of it coming from tune they are telling us that the stock sport has around 310 horses. That's kind of depressing.

So... From them dynos they are saying the sport is no where near 350-365 horsepower. If there final numbers came in at 385, with 75 of it coming from tune they are telling us that the stock sport has around 310 horses. That's kind of depressing.

365hp manufacturers HP numbers are at the crank. Manufacturers listed HP is always at the crank. Dyno HP is at the wheels, there is always loss from crank to wheels through driveline components. 310 at the wheels stock is incredibly impressive for a 6 cylinder 3.5L engine. That amounts to a 15% loss if it's correct. The average loss through drivetrain is 19-25%

I don't think your numbers are correct though. Livernois says they are getting an extra 75hp at 2700rpms, this is not where the peak HP is. By the looks of the dyno they are only getting a 10-15hp gain over peak. Your car doesn't sit at 2700-2900rpms very long under acceleration so I question the usefulness of a tune there. It might improve the 0-60 a quarter second or so, but they didn't show what their 0-60 run was either.

365hp manufacturers HP numbers are at the crank. Manufacturers listed HP is always at the crank. Dyno HP is at the wheels, there is always loss from crank to wheels through driveline components. 310 at the wheels stock is incredibly impressive for a 6 cylinder 3.5L engine. That amounts to a 15% loss if it's correct. The average loss through drivetrain is 19-25%

I don't think your numbers are correct though. Livernois says they are getting an extra 75hp at 2700rpms, this is not where the peak HP is. By the looks of the dyno they are only getting a 10-15hp gain over peak. Your car doesn't sit at 2700-2900rpms very long under acceleration so I question the usefulness of a tune there. It might improve the 0-60 a quarter second or so, but they didn't show what their 0-60 run was either.

Oh ok, at the wheels horsepower missed that. And I agree about the peak horsepower part and doesn't seem like a good buy.

Any other source for 3.5 normally aspirated engines ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any other source for 3.5 normally aspirated engines ?

+1!! If I had a damn Sport... I wouldn't need a CAI, CAT Back, and a tune! Jeesh! Must be some spooky Ford warranty issue here, because there sure doesn't seem to be any interest in waking up that PIG of a 3.5L. And... at 4900lbs... that's a lot of fat...

Back